Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I got the Dp Tuner Chip with 40 tow, 60 tow, 80 econ, 120 race, and love it. The power is great and the smoke on 120 makes me giggle like a small school girl.

Special thanks to Pat who helped me/let me use his tools. :thumb:

One question though, as I leaving the g/f's the truck had the service engine light come on and would crank but not turn over. I flipped the key off and back on and it went away. Is there something I need to check?

Thanks guys,

AJ

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Well today I got the Dp Tuner Chip with 40 tow, 60 tow, 80 econ, 120 race, and love it. The power is great and the smoke on 120 makes me giggle like a small school girl.

Special thanks to Pat who helped me/let me use his tools. :thumb:

One question though, as I leaving the g/f's the truck had the service engine light come on and would crank but not turn over. I flipped the key off and back on and it went away. Is there something I need to check?

Thanks guys,

AJ
Just means the chip is seating all the way,

which more then likely means the contacts on the yur PCM prolly aren't quite clean enough.

I'd try cleaning them one more time.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just means the chip is seating all the way,

which more then likely means the contacts on the yur PCM prolly aren't quite clean enough.

I'd try cleaning them one more time.:thumb:
Again? Darn it lol.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Again? Darn it lol.
:hehe: it is a pain in arse takin the danged thing in it and over and over!

I never could get mine quite clean enough, so i just left it. Or rather, i just gave up after about 3 trys.

Of course, i dont know if its bad to have to cycle the key a few times, sometimes, but thats just what i do.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:hehe: it is a pain in arse takin the danged thing in it and over and over!

I never could get mine quite clean enough, so i just left it. Or rather, i just gave up after about 3 trys.

Of course, i dont know if its bad to have to cycle the key a few times, sometimes, but thats just what i do.
Thats what I think I might do (cycle the key). Pat and I both worked on the contacts, twice lol. It must be that backside that is so hard to get too.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
im considering myself lucky, first time worked perfect. Of course it came out/in about 6 more times to get my trans tuning perfect!!!lol

·
Registered
738 Posts
I'd clean the contacts while you can, otherwise the truck might not start at all when you need it, and don't have the right tools to take the chip out.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd clean the contacts while you can, otherwise the truck might not start at all when you need it, and don't have the right tools to take the chip out.
Those are probably words of wisdom :thumb:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I have a job this week too, putting a new turbo in. My is getting bad, but i'm driving it till my new turbo gets here. You can hear the fins hit the housing if you put your head my the intake

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Speaking of turbo, I need to get my wicked wheel ordered now lol

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I had trouble getting to the backside to clean the contacts as well then when i took it out again I realized the metal casing comes apart which gave me same access to both sides. Gave up on trying to be super gentle and used some scotchbrite and a small nail file. Works great now!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Did mine first try no problems, just follow maintains video.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I don't know if I would use a nail file, the directions said not to take too much copper off.

·
Registered
497 Posts
i would clean the contacts a little bit more like everyone said, but dont too much because u can screw up the contacts on the PCm and then u are screwed. I love my Dp-Tuner and cant wait to upgrade it to the F5

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't know if I would use a nail file, the directions said not to take too much copper off.
Yeah I don't know about the nail file. It hasn't acted up since then so I'm not worried, thanks again for the help Pat:thumb:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts