Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
First off are you making fun of my thread?? lol

Second no matter how you design your system DO NOT use a vegtherm. They have been known to plug up with poly. Plus in a properly designed system coolant heat is all that is required.

Why do you feel you need a regulated return on the VO side? More plumbing & more fuel flow requiring more heat to keep temps up. My conversion is based on the Vegistroke design & all that is required is Checkvalves in the D2 lines & VO is fed into the plugged ports in the heads. It has worked great for 40k miles & there are thousands of V3's running the same way. If a regulated return was necessary I would think it would have been determined necessary by now.

If you are concerned about heat for your filter either get a coolant heated filter or get a regular filter & do a heater hose wrap around it.

I would say no as well to the AirDog & would suggest WVO Designs pump or a Fass. They both come with good waranties. Fass has had it's issues but I still think it is a good option. As for fuel pressure you want to shoot for same as stock( approx. 75 PSI) but you will do not damage running as low as 50 PSI.

Aux coolant pump is a great addition & a 203 t-stat will help keep VO temps up as well.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Depends on who you talk to about the RR. Some feel it makes a big difference while others feel it makes no difference at all. The reason I like the deadhead is the conversion is simplier & less fuel flows so it is easier to keep VO temps up. I wouldn't do it but that's just my opinion.

As far as a tank goes see if you can find a place locally that will make one. I could be wrong but I'm willing to bet that you can get one made much cheaper.

The only way I would use a vegtherm is if D2 & VO flow through it. The D2 would keep it flushed out. It's just not necessary though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.