Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where to start...we loaded up the family to go to party. We pulled out, got about 1/4 mile away from the house, just crusin, and the truck just dies. I get it pulled home and come straight to the ORG and get to searching...and reading...and searching. I have a CTS so check for codes...none. Boo! So I check the fuel cut off, still good. Gauge on the dash shows I'm still getting oil pressure. The FIMC is at 48 with both the key on and cranking, my ICP 85 to 98 while cranking and ICP voltage is 3 to 4 and the ICW is 0. So... when I unplug the ICP the psi goes up to 1249 the IPW goes to 1.54 but the ICP voltage is 0. Still no start. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
You gave repeated readings that are confusing and contradicting.
Icp is what?
Ipr is what?
Sounds like you may have a hpo leak.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
I assume ICP voltage is .3-.4v? you have a high pressure oil leak, stc probably went out to lunch

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I'm going to try to put air to it today. That sucks I just got the truck back on the 14th from ford. They replaced the head gaskets and oil cooler. I just bought the truck about 4 months ago and ford has it 2 of the months that I'ved owed it. Thanks again

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
If you just got it back fom Ford you need to send it back to Ford, they messed up something going back together with HP oil system on them heads I betcha.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Dont mess with it, send it back, and demand a loaner.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You gave repeated readings that are confusing and contradicting.
Icp is what?
Ipr is what?
Sounds like you may have a hpo leak.

I only have readings from Icp. I haven't checked Ipr. The readings I got are strait off the cts or am I reading the cts wrong. sorry for the confusion. I'm going to go read up on how to check Ipr now. So I can get you better info. thanks again

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
10-4 on sending it back. I just cant aford anther bill like the last one I got.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I only have readings from Icp. I haven't checked Ipr. The readings I got are strait off the cts or am I reading the cts wrong. sorry for the confusion. I'm going to go read up on how to check Ipr now. So I can get you better info. thanks again
You won't get ipr on the cts, I thought maybe you had another scanner. Read this, it will help.
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/showthread.php?t=259257 If you just got that thing, you should have some implied warrenty, maybe your being too nice to them. You should have a functioning truck off the lot.

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
If you just got it back fom Ford you need to send it back to Ford, they messed up something going back together with HP oil system on them heads I betcha.
:doh: come on, atleast be a little reasonable. The 6.0 has enough problems of it's own without blaming techs all the time. I already named one extremely high failure rate part that has nothing to do with the OP's original repair.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
:doh: come on, atleast be a little reasonable. The 6.0 has enough problems of it's own without blaming techs all the time. I already named one extremely high failure rate part that has nothing to do with the OP's original repair.
True enough but since they just worked on a area where they were into the hp oil system I would think that to be a reasonable assumption, besides they should have air tested the system after it was put back together to make shure it didn't leak. We always did.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
True enough but since they just worked on a area where they were into the hp oil system I would think that to be a reasonable assumption, besides they should have air tested the system after it was put back together to make shure it didn't leak. We always did.
This is basically what I was saying, tech's or dealers should stand behind their work. He's driven the truck 2 of 4 months of ownership. Really, from a dealer. It wasnt bought from an individual.

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
If it starts and runs after the repair then why air test it?

I'm not saying don't stand behind your work, I'm saying don't jump to conclusions

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
If it starts and runs after the repair then why air test it?

I'm not saying don't stand behind your work, I'm saying don't jump to conclusions

I assume ICP voltage is .3-.4v? you have a high pressure oil leak, stc probably went out to lunch
This.......

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
alright you win. I'll leave you guys alone for a while

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I took my truck back to the mechanic I'll let you know what happen when I find out

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
subscribed

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good as new. It was the hpop. Thanks everyone for the help

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Good as new. It was the hpop. Thanks everyone for the help
Thanks for the update.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts