Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading about the swap and I am getting different answers on a couple of things.

I have the track bar on the axle but not the bracket for the mounting on the frame. Is it true this is a hard piece to find or????

I heard something about needing to change the yoke on the transfercase?? Is this true.

The axle is an 89 kingping going into a 96 F250.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
You should be able to get the bracket from a junk yard. You will need a adj track bar. If not you can get new frame brackets from a 4x4 fab shop.
You need a front TC flange from a F350...really needed if you install a RS kit and SD V codes.

If I can help let me know..PM

Cary

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ok guys....ordering parts today...seems I always get into more than I intend...but you might as well do it right the 1st time

New ring & pinion ordered (going with 3.55)
might as well order a master rebuild kit and replace everything inside
thinking..."if I'm replacing everyting in the tubes I might as well replace everything on the outside of the tubes"
ordered kingpin rebuilt kit, highsteer kit ($$cha ching$$, but last steering setup I'll ever need),
new adjustable tracbar

Still need to decide on leafs front & back and get a transfercase flange

Am I missing something? :crazy:

my wallet hates me

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I have another question. My track bar bracket is mounted but one bolt comes very close to the oil pan. Has anyone else had any problems with this, and is it ok being that close?

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts