21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
They aren't?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Noone ever targeted a technian...I got 46 years as a used car boat and rv dealer. Owned a repair and body shop and was abused car Mgr for Chevy Chrysler and Ford ..I've seen it all ..most new agencies are thieving liars ..not like it was years ago....why anyone would go to a dealership out of warrantee is beyond me ..unfortunately techs are only puppets for their masters

If the fuel is jelled the truck won't start..truck don't start hpfp doesn't grenade ..water filter should separate water and sensor on rail filter warn of watercon system ...so Mr Master Tech why do you just fess upend admit the CP4 was a disaster pump that you guys keep installing and pass the buck on us little guys

·
Administrator
33,334 Posts
Please keep in mind Ford Doc is not the enemy
He has been very active on here and has been a great help to many folks
his expertise is very much appreciated

·
Administrator
24,027 Posts
I love how a lot of you just assume that the dealers or the techs are juuuuuust out to get you. :rolleyes:
Doc with all do respect, this has nothing to do with a tech and everything to do with a dealer and the service writer team.
Their job is to sell service and generate revenue.

Everyone should support small, local, family, businesses who are out to do great work and not just log hours from a book.

Not to say there arent great Techs at the dealer, but to remind people the dealer priority is to generate revenue and they should always ask questions and seek second opinions.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would assume gelling fuel would mean no fuel in our CP4, No fuel in our CP4 means no lubrication = boom?

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
I would assume gelling fuel would mean no fuel in our CP4, No fuel in our CP4 means no lubrication = boom?
If (key word) if the fuel was gelled, it would still be in the pump. Fuel doesn't drain out of the pump when you shut the engine off.
I'm having a hard time believing we know everything to this story. The thing should not have started if the fuel was gelled. I would expect the lines to plug first since they have the least volume. No flow, no fire.

Reactions: TKR and Heavy_GD

·
Premium Member
11,047 Posts
I have had two big jobs done by dealers and they were a total crap show in 2011 so I avoided them. However recently with a different generation of powerstroke I had two smaller issues and the local ford dealer was very good. Price, service, and job done right first time. However I still hear people local to me complain and have seen some shotty work. I feel many businesses always get the bad repeated though too. For every 30 pats on the back for good jobs everyone only cares about the one smack on the head for a mess up.

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
7,473 Posts
Only two jobs I've been fired from were dealerships. Only once was really my fault lol

• Haha
Reactions: Heavy_GD

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
7,473 Posts
I worked for Toyota when the new tundra came out in 07 I think it was and the shops didn't have lifts big enough for the crew cab long beds so only a few lifts were upgraded. CCLB came in on a Saturday and the big lifts were full. Let the service writer know I couldn't work on it until a lift was clear. Few hours later and she's yelling at me in front of the rightfully angry customer for not getting the truck in. I responded with "I told you I couldn't work on it hours ago, not my fault you didn't tell the customer... dumb *****"

I was let go first thing Monday morning for cursing infront of a customer. Lol

She was 'that' service writer. Only one any tech had issues with.

·
BBBRRRRRTTTTT
7,473 Posts
It was an oil change and tires. Nothing crazy but I couldn't do it lol

·
Premium Member
12,015 Posts
I'd like to see the troubleshooting matrix that defines the procedure for fuel system work. Not to mention the full work report that shows the tech followed the Ford approved procedure to the letter. Then you can deny a warranty.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts