Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've spent hours searching and reading through these threads and haven't gotten a good answer...

I want to flush and fill my coolant system. I don't want to order anything. The only stores around me are the run of the mill auto parts stores and Walmart. I also don't want to have to test all the time for SCA/DCA levels. I think I read somewhere that there is an off the shelf coolant with the right amount of additive in it, Fleet Charge? If so, I'd prefer to go this route, change it once a year, and not worry about cavitation in water jackets or anything.

So, is Fleet Charge (made by Peak I think) good for our 7.3 liters? And how much does the system hold? I'll have to buy the coolant and the distilled water or just the premixed stuff.

Thanks for all your help guys.

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am because I don't know when it was ever replaced. It was less than $15 with the gasket so why not? Oh, and I bought the Fleet Charge at my local Advance Auto store. I had to ask for it though, it wasn't out front on the shelf.

Got it all drained out yesterday and flushed it pretty good with just a water hose. The coolant that was in it was a nasty rusty green color... I'll finish the job this evening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts