Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a bit confused and judging by the number of coolant questions popping up I feel like I might not be alone. I just ordered my EGR delete and a straight pipe exhaust. I am going to need to obviously drain oil and coolant to do the job. I currently have the Gold stuff in there and my Deltas are roughly 4-6 running 65 MPH. I have just over 47k miles. I have read alot of posts showing concern for clogging their oil cooler once they switch to ELC. I'm not ready to repalce the oil cooler yet and why should I if it's functioning perfectly at the moment. My question is do I just refill with Gold after completing all the work? If not, tell me why if it seems like flushing and switching to ELC will almost assuredly clog my oil cooler?

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
IMO, with your deltas being good, just keep up with timely maintenance of the Gold. Somewhere around here is the updated maintenance schedule for the Ford Gold.

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
IMO, with your deltas being good, just keep up with timely maintenance of the Gold. Somewhere around here is the updated maintenance schedule for the Ford Gold.
I would agree with this %100 except if you haven't already I would add a coolant filter now since they are relatively inexpensive and it will filter out most of the crap solids in your system.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I believe it's recommended at 50k now. Put a coolant filter on there, run it a bit, dump the old, put some new. Don't nother changing over right now, or flushing. Imo too.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, thought I was crazy for considering staying with Gold for now.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Agree with all above, just do a distilled water flush and keep the coolant changed often.

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Lol don't flush......just add a coolant filter until your ready to replace the oil cooler.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts