Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It turned out awesome!!!

I clay bared the truck this weekend. You can feel and hear it removing the impurities out of the paint. Once it's done you can wax or do a polish wax combo.

I just waxed.

The results were pretty darn good.

Edit: and yes I need a new/wider driveway, please excuse the dirt :rofl:
Edit#2: Sorry about the low light quality, it was getting dark

·
Registered
804 Posts
jeez, i need a clay bar.

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
Sharp looking truck.
Craig

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
I know i've used it and will swear by it. :thumb:

·
Registered
444 Posts
where can u get it?

·
Registered
804 Posts
but if your truck has as many scratches and dings in it as mine does it may not make much difference?
or am i wrong

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
I thought the dirt was from the truck when you washed it.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
but if your truck has as many scratches and dings in it as mine does it may not make much difference?
or am i wrong
It gets out contaminates and what not that imbed themselves in your trucks finish. My truck went from a rough feeling as I moved my hand across the hood and doors, to being as smooth as glass. Very Nice!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL wrong forum. Could someone move this to the exterior forum of the 99-2003 section

thanks!! :thumb:

It's the Mothers Clay bar kit from O'Reilly's

·
Registered
435 Posts
I used one on my truck this past weekend and did a little test to see if it was worth the extra effort. Washed, de bugged, de tarred the entire truck first, then clay bared half the hood, then waxed the entire hood with mothers wax cleaner. In my opinion the side that was clay barred was much smoother and had a better shine, i asked my son to come and check it out, he had no clue what I had done and he agreed that one side was much smother and had a better shine. :thumb:

So spent the rest of the day Sunday Clay barring and waxing the rest of the truck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts