Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be installing the blue spring upgrade soon. I don't have a fuel pressure gauge for a baseline reading. Is it necessary at all? Has anyone just put in the upgrade and just gone with it? I am not looking to spend big dollars on this. Possibly install a mechanical gauge, but not sure where to put it in line. Or can I just install it and continue on driving my truck. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
I just did mine without checking the pressure first. But the $65 it cost was a drop in the bucket compaired to the $5000 I spent on bulletprofing at the same time.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I didn't have a guage until recently

·
Registered
43 Posts
I asked the same question a while back. "Do you need to check the pressure after doing the blue spring install? (in case it delivers TOO much pressure?)"

"Nah, just install it and go" was the general consensus I received. Which I did. No problems whatsoever.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply gang. Any tips on the install?

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
FPS gauge is alia s a good idea on our trucks. You can put in the upgrade and still not have good fp. It's not the only thing that affects fp. That bei Nguyen said I have been running about a year now with my upgraded spring and still do not have a fp gauge. Install took me about 30 min it's not hard at all.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
150 Posts
Tip one......... Don't drop the spring. A way to help not loose the spring would be to put a shop towel below the housing.

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Tip one......... Don't drop the spring. A way to help not loose the spring would be to put a shop towel below the housing.
And zip ties behind the nuts. They a a b1tch if they fall.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am the least mechanically inclined person and I did it no problems. Take your time and ziptie the fuel lines so the nuts don't drop too far down.

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
I am the least mechanically inclined person and I did it no problems. Take your time and ziptie the fuel lines so the nuts don't drop too far down.
Isn't that what I just said?

·
Registered
430 Posts
And zip ties behind the nuts. They a a b1tch if they fall.

I'm getting ready to do mine soon, also. I checked out this video, which helped a little bit.

Right around 4:00 minutes is where they talk about zip ties behind the nuts, as I was not sure what was meant by that. Just in case this helps others...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Isn't that what I just said?

Yes, minus the "least mechanically inclined" part. I'd like to say great minds think alike but my mind is more like an old Pinto or Gremlin at this stage of my life. :D

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Yes, minus the "least mechanically inclined" part. I'd like to say great minds think alike but my mind is more like an old Pinto or Gremlin at this stage of my life. :D
Lmao...nice

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
think about glow-shift 50 bucks,, I know they have a bad rap but I have been very happy with mine, I did what the OP is saying and a couple of months later I added the gauge, as one more double check to monitoring the 6.0
Tinted 100 PSI Fuel Pressure Gauge

·
Registered
454 Posts
Thats what i did, install blue spring from ford, no pressure gauge, i did this over 30,000miles ago!

I am going to be installing the blue spring upgrade soon. I don't have a fuel pressure gauge for a baseline reading. Is it necessary at all? Has anyone just put in the upgrade and just gone with it? I am not looking to spend big dollars on this. Possibly install a mechanical gauge, but not sure where to put it in line. Or can I just install it and continue on driving my truck. Thanks.

·
Registered
454 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I ordered the part. Now just have to wait for it to arrive. I will post some pics (if I ever figure out how). I don't plan on the fuel gauge right now, but maybe in the future. I figure the time and upfront money, if it can save my injectors will be well worth it. I cannot even imagine what I have spent on maintenance since buying this truck. Tranny flush 5 times, coolant flush 3 times, oil change every 5K with Shell Rotella T6. All Motorcraft replacement parts, differential changes every 50K, on and on. Motorcraft cetane boost EVERY tank. I need this truck to last another 5 years at least. Fingers crossed. Now, rust in this climate...that will be another post... let's say Durabak.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just got my blue spring kit in yesterday from tousley ford along with a set of fuel/oil filters. Also ordered the new fuel drain plug. Am planning to dig in this morning. Was also wondering if anyone could post a link or two of the install.
In the meantime ill keep searching...

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
look right above your post there is a video

1 - 20 of 30 Posts