Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 F350 With 93K and stock for now
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ‘05 and the blinkers (both sides) will flash for a little while but then go to a steady on when I select the corresponding side. I did a quick search and all the threads I see are from a while ago and so a lot of the links are dead. I saw on one that this was covered by a recall, but the truck has been to a Ford dealer in the past 6 months so I am guessing that it doesn’t have an active recall on it. I want to say that the relay is fine since it works sometimes and the selector in the column sounds like the culprit. All the bulbs work and I don’t want to throw parts at it and hope that I get the right one before I go broke. Is there a way to test the selector switch?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I have a ‘05 and the blinkers (both sides) will flash for a little while but then go to a steady on when I select the corresponding side. I did a quick search and all the threads I see are from a while ago and so a lot of the links are dead. I saw on one that this was covered by a recall, but the truck has been to a Ford dealer in the past 6 months so I am guessing that it doesn’t have an active recall on it. I want to say that the relay is fine since it works sometimes and the selector in the column sounds like the culprit. All the bulbs work and I don’t want to throw parts at it and hope that I get the right one before I go broke. Is there a way to test the selector switch?
Change the flasher out first. It should be cheap enough. Then move to the switch.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 F350 With 93K and stock for now
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Change the flasher out first. It should be cheap enough. Then move to the switch.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk
I grabbed a flasher today for $15 and so far the issue is gone- damn this forum is full of good info and tips. Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts