Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after one year of gettting to know my 6.0 it got stolen last night right in my driveway.

Might be back eventually in the 6.0 world not so sure when.

Will continue to browse this forum tough you guys are the closest thing i have to american friends

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
What a bummer - sorry to hear that. I was just watching some vids last night about the ease of stealing these trucks.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
A friend installed “ jimmy jammers “ in his. I guess it’s easy to pop the lock n get in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Jimmi jammers in all 4 doors of mine after some slack jawed malcontent popped the lock cylinder out of it at Costco
Ravelco is next after this zombie apocalypse subsides

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hope they slip while tight rope walking a guard rail and take it in the jewels!
Anyone use kill switches in 6.0s? Have been thinking about one in my truck.
Yup! And I have more than one.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Ravelco, like I have, is a professionally installed kill switch that the installer puts in a number of different options with more a number of different keys, only one which will start the vehicle. It was pricey, but beat pulling the FICM relay each time I stopped or trying to come up with a kill switch of my own on my little amount of knowledge.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ravelco, like I have, is a professionally installed kill switch that the installer puts in a number of different options with more a number of different keys, only one which will start the vehicle. It was pricey, but beat pulling the FICM relay each time I stopped or trying to come up with a kill switch of my own on my little amount of knowledge.
Once its installed does it allow you to have a remote starter i guess that would defeat the whole pupose ?

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Sorry to hear! My truck was stolen out of my driveway on 3/21... I just got it back on 3/24, as they actually caught the guy and found it.
Unfortunately it's been banged up and abused pretty good. I have a feeling insurance will total it.
I hope you have better luck! I hate thieves with a passion!

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
If you want remote start, go with a car alarm. There’s some pretty good subscription service alarms with GPS tracking. Ravelco, like a kill switch, would not allow a remote start. Ravelco probably won’t allow other thing like a turbo timer for Edge that lets you remove the key from the car as the turbo cools to a certain temp.

The only way to steal a Ravelco is to load it on a tow truck, and you’d need quite a good sized tow truck for a pickup. That and there’s no monthly subscription is why I went with it.

·
Registered
542 Posts
What would George Hayduke do? George Hayduke would get an old fashioned garage door spring, an old fashioned garage door hinge, bolt it to the frame underneath the drivers' side door, put a baseball bat on the arm, then spring load it so the perp gets a good wack on his shins - that's what George Hayduke would do. j/k :whistle:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Almost thinking of fabing up a fuel dump valve that is certain switch or what ever is not disabled or activated it dumps all fuel.

Well for the next one anyways.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts