Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
awhile back i read that 9-22-03 was the last day that ford put 03 turbos on the psd. well i checked my carfax and sure enough my truck was made on 9-22-03. so i should have one right? i also had a warrenty replacment turbo before i bought the truck so who knows if i still have one.

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
See if you can read the tag. You may need a mirrow:dunno:
It will have part number and serial number on it

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
You should be able to tell I mean you can really notice the whistle...the whistle on mine is louder then the exhaust. But because you had yours replaced it might not be. But hope so

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
where on the turbo is the tag? it deff does have a diffrent sound than my 06

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
to the top

·
Registered
296 Posts
what is so special about the 03 turbo

·
Registered
299 Posts
I think it's just the whistle and the slight power increase, but probably just the whistle for some reason.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Mine came with one in 04, and they replaced it with a later model when it was warrantied. If you want to see for sure, pull off your intake hose and look at the compressor housing. There will be a snap ring holding the silencer if it's an 03, and the silencer will be machined into the housing if it's a later turbo.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Justin,
I love the OshKosh Blue Jean Car Seat in your sig!!Proud parent...classic:thumb:

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok will do thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Justin,
I love the OshKosh Blue Jean Car Seat in your sig!!Proud parent...classic:thumb:
I need to add Handlebar scuffs on doors, and tailgate scratches from improper loading of power wheels barbie jeep, and ninja 4 wheeler.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Mine came with one in 04, and they replaced it with a later model when it was warrantied. If you want to see for sure, pull off your intake hose and look at the compressor housing. There will be a snap ring holding the silencer if it's an 03, and the silencer will be machined into the housing if it's a later turbo.

I have heard stories about a silencer ring on the 03 turbos but have never meet anyone that said they removed theirs. Have you removed one before? Also how much whistle is gained by this? Thanks for your answers and sorry...Hijack over.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
yes, it just takes a couple screwdrivers to pop it out. The whisle increases on the intake side, and I would assume you get a flow increase out of it. I plan to machine mine out of my late model turbo later this summer when I clean it. I'll let you guys know how that goes.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Sweet! Thanks for the info.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts