Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I need to know how to install the 10k mod on my 96 7.3... I already know the negatives and I don't need to hear that it is bad or doesn't work!!! All I need is picture/Video to show me how to install it. I have looked all over the internet for hours and came close with a video from dieselmovies.com (or something like that) but the video would freeze and wouldn't play so I couldn't see how to install it!! If someone could help please reply... Thanks! :please:

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
All I can say is it goes on the wire that feeds icp voltage to the pcm

I made my Samsung SGH-I997 send this.

88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright but do I plug it back in or what?

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
The icp has to stay plugged in
Do you know how the resistor mod works

88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I have read a lot about it and how it works just nothing on how to install it..

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
If I remember right it goes from the green ICP wire to the blue ICP wire. It definitely adds a little performance but that isn't the problem with it. You've been warned.....

88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm what can this mod mess up on your truck?

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Hmmm what can this mod mess up on your truck?
Thought you didn't wanna hear it haha
You are fooling the truck into seeing lower icp than desired, therefor increasing it to see desired when actual is higher. Leaks maybe, possible injector damage.

88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I didn't really wanna be talked out of it is what I mean.. I read a lot of people saying it does work great but at the same time it doesn't so I just wanna make sure.. thanks. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
You don't gain much from it but it's noticeable. But can be very costly if it screws something up.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC against my will

·
Winning DUHHH
2,389 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
So you wanna do a modification to your rig without wanting to know what it could potentially do to your truck? Good bad or otherwise? LoL mmmkay.

I'm gonna say, if you need to reach out to install a resister between two wires you may want to take the time to slow down, and ask yourself if your ready to accept the outcome of something negative that may happen.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Well I didn't really wanna be talked out of it is what I mean.. I read a lot of people saying it does work great but at the same time it doesn't so I just wanna make sure.. thanks. :thumb:
Well by all means, don't let me stop you.
Heck put a more resistive resistor in there. That'll REALLY jack up the ICP :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts