Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I'd still file a dispute with your cc company. Most likely you'll get your money back and keep the hydra. The cc company has no need for it.
Just tell them everything, i.e. he wanted a restocking fee for something that was messed up, etc.

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
I'd still file a dispute with your cc company. Most likely you'll get your money back and keep the hydra. The cc company has no need for it.
Just tell them everything, i.e. he wanted a restocking fee for something that was messed up, etc.
Restocking fee for a physical product is not uncommon, especially something that was obviously installed

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Restocking fee for a physical product is not uncommon, especially something that was obviously installed

Of course, but only if the customer changed their mind and didn't want it. Not if the product was defective

·
Administrator
29,330 Posts
I remember going with Tony when IDP left me hanging and that was on tunes only the cost was well over 100.00 i just wrote it off to giving them bad PR every chance i got LOL

Tony had me dialed in and even made a few adjustments

but that was years ago I know Tony has been less than available for some as of late

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
5,721 Posts
I think these tuners are maybe ALL a top grade long running pain in the proverbial azz.

I can’t even express how bad it was to get anyone at PHP to simply answer a ringing phone. But to their credit they far exceeded that with their email skills. It honestly got so bad if I was burning time standing still I’d chuckle pull phone out to see if it would be answered.

This goes back I’m gonna say 5-6 years when Angela wasn’t answering the phones during business hours. But that said they had the goods and eventually at a tree growing pace took care of you. So I have laughed it off

Think it’s a shame they are not a end customer business, but there just may be some solid reason for that.

Damn ok I’m done too.

Reactions: JustinOOO9

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
I honestly like the ya chip better b/c it’s more mechanical but the part of sending off turns me away. Wish I could change tunes with a manual dialer but for my hydra.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Of course, but only if the customer changed their mind and didn't want it. Not if the product was defective
If stock tunes work the hydra isn't defective

The hydra isn't defective, but the tunes that he paid for on the hydra that he bought from the guy are bad. Can't return the tunes or the hydra because of the lack of customer service.
If I buy a computer from best buy and the software is messed up, they'll take it back and give me another or fix the software. One or the other, not just not answer my phone calls and then when they do, tell me there's a charge to return something defective.
I get what you're saying about the hydra not being defective, but I believe it's a package deal. Especially when there's that much of a lack of service

·
Administrator
21,608 Posts
Customer service is key, the I want it now, 2 day prime, make it appear that I am the only customer generation will struggle.
This is a valuable thread for that type of person and I appreciate the use of fact over the drama and emotion we normally have to read through.

·
Administrator
21,608 Posts
You are the reason CC companies and small business have so many fees, we are paying for all of your freebies.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
You are the reason CC companies and small business have so many fees, we are paying for all of your freebies.
I'm not the reason, companies like his are the reason. If people would stand behind their product and their word, Situations like this wouldn't happen. I still believe in a handshake being as good as a contract. Ufortunately there's a lot of people that don't. If what the OP said is true, the guy he bought from doesn't care about his costumers or standing behind his word.

So what's left to do? Eat the money? Or use a service that the credit card company offers?

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
Return the chit you bought with no stocking fee (unless his website says there will be one) and get your money back.

If he don’t agree, dispute it. When you dispute it, they will ask you to return the purchased product. Sounds fair to me. To keep the hydra and money - cc won’t allow that and also if they did, I would consider you a thief and the Tony and azz.

—————signature—————

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
If the guy would have stood behind his product, this whole point would be moot. I wasn't advocating for him to do the cc thing to start with, but after what's happened and the guy not even standing behind what the OP agreed to after finally getting a response, that was less than fair, what's he to do? Eat the money?

·
Administrator
29,330 Posts
well i guess I am biased since i have seen the good side of Tony's service also

but i get a sick feeling when lawyers and credit card companies get involved

someone is probably going to benefit but it will cost us all

he is owed his tune fee that seems legit from this side of the story

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Not to add flames, but to be objective as possible every time I had custom tune request it wasn't fun. I have had the same experience for a 6.0l and my current 7.3l I wont name names, but it usually went like this:

Moral of the story

I was patient and I tried to be very nice because I learned getting upset even with the other is slacking doesn't get the issue resolved. Tuning companies need to find a better customer relationship management software so they know what conversation was last held. We use it for sales and it works amazing to keep track of what all had been done for that customer. its a time stamped event log and the software may cost money but would give them much more sales if they even tried to keep track.

first time with a 6.0l custom tune.
1. call to ask question to make sure the custom tune I thought I needed was what they thought and to clarify- No answer and voicemail left

2. 3 days to a week later call again and someone says the tuner is busy he'll call me back-figured they were busy so i'll wait a week.

3. week later I forgot about the prior calls until I go on this forum and email lol...-Figured im not the only one with a question so i'll wait.

4. no phone call or email back for over a month.-custom tune not ordered because I just want to make sure im understanding what the custom tune does vs the generic free tune.

5. never got the custom tune ordered because all three never called/emailed back.

Ungoldy times with 7.3l from 2017...

1. email to make sure the custom tune addressed shifting issues I was having.
2. 2 weeks go and I call to get told to try another hex code/calibration or its my truck
3. calibration is huge improvement but with funk issues no one would put up with.
4. call/email once a month to see if I could get help.
5. use hydra as a no start/high idle switch for about 7 months.
6. forget about it and call once more
7. speak directly with tuner and get big improvement but tunes are still not done with only the 2nd revision.
8. hydra has a useable tow tune and 100hp performance tune but the others have still not been fixed.

I had the same with the original op's tuner years ago and to this day never got a call or email back and all I wanted to do was just clarify a couple of things before spending the money.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Return the chit you bought with no stocking fee (unless his website says there will be one) and get your money back.

If he don’t agree, dispute it. When you dispute it, they will ask you to return the purchased product. Sounds fair to me. To keep the hydra and money - cc won’t allow that and also if they did, I would consider you a thief and the Tony and azz.

—————signature—————
I agree with this. The credit card company isn't going to have him return it though. That's all I was saying. If he could return it with out the bull crap fees that would be best. But that isn't what it seems Tony is going to do. I was just saying the OP shouldn't get screwed over because of someone's shady business dealings and lack of customer care. And if he credit card company didn't care what happens to the hydra, then keep it. If they say send it back, send it back

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
I got 3 tunes from Tony a few months ago and they aren't the best, the tow tune has hardly any power at all, the daily tune idles weird and when rpms are going back to idle it hangs up at 1100 rpm for a few seconds before it drops, the extreme tune has good power but a weird power curve, it has a touchy throttle which I don't mind but after you take off it seems to fall on its face, then you have to give it a lot more fuel to get it to pick back up.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts