Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody out there know if there is a cross reference for the Amzoil EaBP100 by-pass filter to another brand? Such as Wix, Donaldson, Fram, etc. I can't find anything on manufacturers web sites. Thanks

· Registered
265 Posts
You won't find anything that will cross reference with a Amsoil EaBP100 from another manufacturer as far as I know. They are much different in design than a standard full flow filter (element material I believe). You can find other filters that will spin on to the housing, but they will not filter to the same micron level for the same amount of hours/miles. If you spent the money on an Amsoil system, be willing to spend the money on the correct filters. The point of running a bypass system is to keep the oil clean to the point the its service interval can be extended. This will save you money even with paying for the oil analysis to determine when your oil needs changed. Extended drain intervals are dependent on proper filtering with quality oil like Amsoil. You could use others and change it when the analysis indicated that you needed to, but you may not see the cost benefit depending on what brands you run. Up to you, and I hope this helped you out.

Cheers,

Brew

EDIT: I double checked the Amsoil website to make sure I hadn't given you bad information and I found that Amsoil is now listing Donaldson Endurance filters as a alternative to Amsoil branded filters. I imagine that Donaldson is the OEM for Amsoil, but that is just my speculation. I searched the Donaldson site in there Extended Drain Interval/Endurance section and didn't come up with a cross reference for an EaBP100. But looking at their site they were only showing Heavy-Truck engines, so they may only cross-reference the larger Amsoil EaBP filters.

Amsoil Site

Donaldson Site

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Drew. You and I both know that some companies make more profit off their products than others. So I was trying to find an alternative source for the 2 micron by-pass filter that would fit my Amsoil filter head assembly. I like Amsoil products, however they are a bit expensive and I am not convinced the lubricants are that much different than the major oil companies. After all I would think the company with the most money have the biggest labratories.

· Registered
265 Posts
Thanks Drew. You and I both know that some companies make more profit off their products than others. So I was trying to find an alternative source for the 2 micron by-pass filter that would fit my Amsoil filter head assembly. I like Amsoil products, however they are a bit expensive and I am not convinced the lubricants are that much different than the major oil companies. After all I would think the company with the most money have the biggest labratories.
I am all for trying to save money. But when it comes to my fluid systems, I run what I feel is the best I can put in them. System failures due to sub par products especially in a diesel are to expensive. I believe that you usually you get what you pay for. I agree that Amsoil products are expensive, but purchasing them as a preffered customer the prices aren't that different than purchasing a quality synthetic off the shelf of your local parts house. I admit shipping costs are added, so that does raise the price. But if you use them to their full benefit and do the oil analysis testing to determine your drain intervals, you should be able to save money in the long run. If you change trucks every 2 or 3 years, it isn't worth the added cost.

Cheers,

Brew

· Registered
454 Posts
I am all for trying to save money. But when it comes to my fluid systems, I run what I feel is the best I can put in them. System failures due to sub par products especially in a diesel are to expensive. I believe that you usually you get what you pay for. I agree that Amsoil products are expensive, but purchasing them as a preffered customer the prices aren't that different than purchasing a quality synthetic off the shelf of your local parts house. I admit shipping costs are added, so that does raise the price. But if you use them to their full benefit and do the oil analysis testing to determine your drain intervals, you should be able to save money in the long run. If you change trucks every 2 or 3 years, it isn't worth the added cost.

Cheers,

Brew
Well said. Any standard filter will spin-on the housing, but it will not operate as designed. Preferred customer is the way to go, wholesale pricing vs. retail pricing. As is the case most of the time you get what you pay for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.