Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone offer brackets to install 99-02 chevy amp research steps onto an OBS? If not, could anyone send me some pictures of brackets that I could duplicate myself? I tried searching, and there were a few threads I found, but with this photobucket change a year or so ago I can't view any of the pictures.

·
Administrator
21,543 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you really just send me to google? I wish I had thought of that first.... As I mentioned, none of the threads that come up have pictures in them anymore, and it's a bit difficult trying to visualize what people have fabbed up just off the words alone.

·
Administrator
21,543 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see what we are doing here, acting like we cannot do our own research... ha, I wish I had thought of that first.

And for the slow kids in the back who are like, "why is heavy so hard on the new members":
I've read the exact thread you're hinting at and guess what- none of the images show up for me. I'd post the link but apparently there's a rule against that. I've done quite a bit of reading, but all of the threads I have dug up, the pictures no longer work- they are either blurred out by photobucket or missing entirely. I'm sure that I'm not the only one here having this problem.

So rather than assume I'm just being lazy, take the time to read what I wrote down. I can't even PM the guy who made those brackets (which I attempted to do) because of another rule- not like it would do any good as he hasn't logged in since 2015.

Now how would I know all that without doing my own research?

·
Registered
8,457 Posts
It may be best to get a pic/measurements of oem running board brackets for your truck and fab up an adapter plate for the amp arm mounting brackets. measure twice/cut once and you'll be fine. I extended some running board brackets for a 06 f350 I had because the lift was so tall it made the oem mounted running boards worthless. added 5inches with a support brace and perfect.

·
Administrator
21,543 Posts
I never assumed you were lazy, if I did I would have ignored this thread like everyone else did.

the images are blurry until you click them, then they open because Photobucket is run by greed.

I’m curious why you chose to make a thread here instead of replying there.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never assumed you were lazy, if I did I would have ignored this thread like everyone else did.

the images are blurry until you click them, then they open because Photobucket is run by greed.

I’m curious why you chose to make a thread here instead of replying there.
Did not know that, thanks. It wouldn't let me reply to that thread, I'm guessing due to the age?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts