Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the steps installed on my truck for prob about 4 months. Once I shut the door, there is a delay in the time it takes to retract up (done it since install). Once n a blue moon the step will come up as soon as the door shuts. I installed a set of the Besttop (I think thats the other brand) pwr steps on my father-n-laws truck and as soon as the door shuts, the steps go up.

Does anyone heard/have this problem??

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Immediate, what year is your father-n-laws truck?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
his is a 2010

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I would call up AMP research. They have really good customer service!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Right in the instruction book it says the steps will fold up after the door has been shut for 3-5seconds. Mine do that

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine too. About 3 sec between closing door and step retracting. It's normal in the instructions. My buddy has an older set on his truck and they go up as soon as the door is closed. Looks like something amp changed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine also go up about a second after the door closes

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so it seems like from everyone Ive talked to and posted on here, that there is a delay in the steps going up. I guess that is the difference between AMP pwr boards and Bestop - AMP has a delay before going up, and Bestop has no delay.

Thanks everyone that responded. Just wanted to make sure everything was good with mine (regardless what the directions say - besides who reads them anyways.....:D)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts