Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys didnt know wether or not to post this in the electronics section or in here,
i picked up a set of amp research power steps for real cheap for 08+ f350s but i have an 04. i know they mount the same but has anyone installed the newer steps with newer wiring harness on our older trucks and have any pointers?

thanks steve

·
Registered
59 Posts
My brother n law did the same thing... And ordered a new harness from amp. He was in total for about $450 for his steps.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you say he ordered a new harness does that mean he used the new style harness or the old style harness? I picked mine up mint condition for $500

Thanks for any help steve

·
Registered
59 Posts
The boards them selves install just fine... the wiring harness that they came with was for a 2006 truck(he has an 02), so he called AMP research, ordere the new wiring harness for his year truck, and everything was groovy.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah I see well unlike him I'm trying to wire up the 08-13 on my 2004 using the 08-13 steps. Newer designed steps, can use there factory led system with them. I guess I'll just have to get wiring diagrams for both and make it work will take lots of pics and post here

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well let me know how you do i would have had them nov. 2 but my moron cousin doesnt answer his phone so his buddy that was driving 1700 km to where i live didnt bring them, i will get them in a month or so, supposedly they are the exact same except newer ones have spot for their light kit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts