Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody have issues with their passenger side amp power steps operating while driving or while vehicle is off, uncommanded? All info I've gathered points me to the controller (I still have old version). Any thoughts before I pull the trigger?

Administrator
nope, I have several hardwired sets and no issues.

That said, the OBDII I can see having interference issues.

Also make sure you rule out the door plunger/switch failing.

Premium Member
Have you tried unplugging the steps from the OBD port to see if it still goes all iRobot on you? It's purely a guess, but I would think that if it no longer decides to spread its wings then it is in the truck side. If it does then its the controller.
Again, just a guess. But with that info AMP may be of some help diagnosing it.

Reactions: Kaakau620

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nope, I have several hardwired sets and no issues.

That said, the OBDII I can see having interference issues.

Also make sure you rule out the door plunger/switch failing.
Forgot to mention...mine are hard wired. Door switches good.

Premium Member
Here is something funny...... Just today, I noticed my powerstep going open/ closed at start up. So I get in the truck and close the door. Step goes up. I click the key to "on" and wait for the glow plug light. Light goes off and I start the truck. Step goes down then up. But...I never open eihter door.
I unplugged the OBD and the fuse to the Powerstep box. Tried once more and it acts fine. For now. I did not want to go starting/ stopping the engine so I'll keep monitoring.

Reactions: Kaakau620

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is something funny...... Just today, I noticed my powerstep going open/ closed at start up. So I get in the truck and close the door. Step goes up. I click the key to "on" and wait for the glow plug light. Light goes off and I start the truck. Step goes down then up. But...I never open eihter door.
I unplugged the OBD and the fuse to the Powerstep box. Tried once more and it acts fine. For now. I did not want to go starting/ stopping the engine so I'll keep monitoring.
Mine was fine all day today. No attempted murders or tantrums while sitting at a light. Tried all that unplugging, continuity tests etc. All good. Still acts up when it wants. Even when the truck is off lol. My uncle thinks it's haunted lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts