Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
That sucks.
I own three four wheeled vehicles at the present, the top three on the list. Wife drives an Escalade , I have an f350 (#2 is the f250 but close enough) and I still have an 03 Silverado (dealership didn't want to give me $hit for it on trade in, so I still have it).

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Makes you wonder how effective that chipped key really is.

And what's up with #5? The Avalanche? They sure the owners aren't just driving them off a cliff and claiming they were stolen?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
There is another thread just like this one. Just thought id get that out there. Not trying to be anyoing but I dont see why we have 2 of these?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have the '08 and newer 6.4 section set as my favorite instead of the entire forums, so I would have never seen that other thread. Glad it got posted here too.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Don't worry, they'll be merged soon enough I suspect and most likely kept in the General section since it doesn't pertain to a specific year vehicle. :)

·
Super Moderator
19,812 Posts
Whew!!! The F250..... I guess I'm safe since I have the F350!!!! :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Don't worry, they'll be merged soon enough I suspect and most likely kept in the General section since it doesn't pertain to a specific year vehicle. :)
Actullay it does only pertain to 2008 and newer. That report only cover's vehicle's that are 3 years old or newer (read small print) which are a small percentage of vehicles that are stolen. Most stolen vehicles are older than 3 years.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here is a list that is much more accurate. You will never see an accurate "Top Stolen Vehicle" list without a Honda at or near the top.

NICB's Top 10 Most Stolen Autos in 2006

1. 1995 Honda Civic
2. 1991 Honda Accord
3. 1989 Toyota Camry
4. 1997 Ford F150 Serues
5. 2005 Dodge Ram P/UP
6. 1994 Chevy 1500 P/UP
7. 1994 Nissan Sentra
8. 1994 Dodge Caravan
9. 1994 Saturn SL
10.1990 Acura Integra

Auto Theft

Just found a 2010 report, as it says not much changes:

Most Stolen Cars – 2010
The list of the top 10 most stolen cars in 2010 may not be that different than you’ve seen in the past, and that’s because much doesn’t change. Thieves like these cars because of their resale value on the “black market” and the valuable parts that can be stripped and sold from these vehicles. That said, the list for 2010 includes…

Honda Accord/Honda Civic
Toyota Camry
Ford F-150
Dodge Ram
C/K 1500
Dodge Caravan
Toyota Corolla
Nissan Sentra
Acura Integra
Jeep Cherokee
http://www.instantquotewizard.com/auto/top-10-most-stolen-cars-2010

·
Registered
135 Posts
That sucks.
I own three four wheeled vehicles at the present, the top three on the list. Wife drives an Escalade , I have an f350 (#2 is the f250 but close enough) and I still have an 03 Silverado (dealership didn't want to give me $hit for it on trade in, so I still have it).
I see you decided to go green! :hehe:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Haha although I drive a F250 I have to say I would love to see someone steal my truck and get away with it. Honestly I went into subway with my brother the other day just left it running unlocked cuz i told him im like I would love to see someone take it that would be the best 911 call ever, um hello someone just stole my truck, sir what vehicle to you drive? um the big a** green F250 the only one near here :doh:

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Actullay it does only pertain to 2008 and newer. That report only cover's vehicle's that are 3 years old or newer (read small print) which are a small percentage of vehicles that are stolen. Most stolen vehicles are older than 3 years.
bahh, I posted it on my EVO, didn't even notice there was small print. :)

Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
i leave my truck run unlocked everywhere i go.. keys actually are in it at all times aswell.. i keep it locked at night but if someone wants to break my window and take it just ether total it out or take it apart and strip it.. **** happens

·
Registered
232 Posts
I had my 2006 f-250 stolen on april 24 still has not been recovered they also took a 22 foot enclosed trailer that was hooked to it in charlotte north carolina

·
Registered
921 Posts
wasnt it for the best though.. look you got an 08

I had my 2006 f-250 stolen on april 24 still has not been recovered they also took a 22 foot enclosed trailer that was hooked to it in charlotte north carolina

·
Registered
232 Posts
i do love my 08 now but the 50k worth of racecar parts that were just picked up and in the trailer were not covered

1 - 19 of 19 Posts