Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a few other guys in here from SC as well. When I had my Stang, I had ALL of my tuning done from Rick Erdman at Amazon Tuning Solutions. He had his tuning for Mustangs, Lightnings and LS1s down to a science. He was telling me about his truck, 6.0 at the time, and now a 6.4 with SCT tuning. He is an SCT dealer which is what I had on the stang. So my question is this, has anybody had his tunes or know of anybody running is custom diesel tunes???

I'm sort of close enough where I can drive there for a day and have him dyno tune it and hook it up to his computer and have him do some real close tuning.

Like I said, REALLY GOOD with gas tunes, but how about diesel?

·
Premium Member
31,706 Posts
Never heard of him

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
as Sam said, gas and diesel are two different beast..

ask him other then his personal trucks what other 6.0's has he tuned, then see if you can ride in one (if there is more then one)

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I know some of my friends had him tune their lightning and cobra they say he is the best and it is a bit of a drive for them to come get a tune at amazon.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I KNOW for a FACT he is good with gas. My Stang was KILLER when he was done, but like the guys were saying, diesel and gas are different so..... yeah I don't know what I'm going to do. I just wanted to know if anybody had heard any input about his tunes or not.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
why not call him and see what he says..if hes not to far from you id take the ride and see what he can do for you.

theres a guy local to me that tunes lightnings and mustangs. its called JDM, he has a 6.0 that he tunes himself. i was going to see if he could play around with it but hes a gas guy and like said before gas and diesel are different. its not worth the risk of something going wrong. Eric is really on top of his game with the tuning

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He is semi-close. Close enough to let him tune it for a day and drive home. I've done it twice already, but not close enough to just go talk to him. 3.25 hrs. I may just call and see what he says and let you guys know afterwards, and see if yall agree with what he can do.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I wonder if he can get a dually on his dyno. I wouldn't mind swinging by when I'm up for FB season. Curious to see what you find out.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just called Rick at Amazon. He has never let me down, even until this day.

He says he has been doing Diesel Tunes for longer than Innovative (NOT trying to start any war with anybody) and he can get an X3 shipped for $399 WITH 3 tunes for free and will reburn tunes for FREE.

He does a race, tow and street tune. So looks like I'm going back to Rick again.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He is in Anderson, SC. It's about 10 miles or so outside of Greenville.

·
Lt. Negativity
1,739 Posts
He says he has been doing Diesel Tunes for longer than Innovative (NOT trying to start any war with anybody) and he can get an X3 shipped for $399 WITH 3 tunes for free and will reburn tunes for FREE.

HMMMM Really thats interseting to know, being that no one has heard of him in the diesel world. If he has been doing so much longer then Eric Im pretty sure all the big name would know of him. Not knocking him, but dont say your better then another guy when aint no one heard of you. Leave it the guys who do these trucks everyday. Eric, Tadd, Matt, Evan, Cale all them have PROVEN trucks out on the road. So think about that, you can run the risk if you like.

·
lifetime member
1,640 Posts
not to knock anyone, but to be a guinnea pig would be scary!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Just called Rick at Amazon. He has never let me down, even until this day.

He does a race, tow and street tune. So looks like I'm going back to Rick again.
Normally I wouldn't even respond, but our name was mentioned.

LOL, I know Rick and that's not true. They used to be 30 minutes down the road from me in MD. We were the first SCT custom tuning dealer for the 6.0L. Back when Rick was in MD, the Xcal1 wasn't even released and it was the only CAN programmer that would tune a 6.0L. I tested it on my truck! He will give you great value file tunes, which we worked with SCT on developing. If you want true custom tunes, go to someone who has experience with aftermarket injectors, turbo's, transmissions, fuel systems, built motors, etc. :thumb:

·
Lt. Negativity
1,739 Posts
Very well said Eric. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry guys didn't know the whole scoop, just repeating what was heard. Hey Eric!! Looks like I may be coming to you within the next month.

Again, sorry, didn't mean to step on toes. Thanks for the input and help guys.

·
Registered
995 Posts
You gotta ask to learn, that's what it's all about. If I was tuning up the Lightning and lived close to Amazon, he would get the nod. I like to think certain people have their strong points. Amazon is great for gas burners, but I trust Eric with my diesel. Actually, RWTD dyno tuned the Lightning years ago and I haven't changed anything to warrant a new tune.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's true, some people are good at certain things. I already ordered the Insight and have a couple people ready to buy the Juice, so I'm going to be running to Eric here hopefully REALLY REALLY REALLY SOON!!! I'm so excited I can't sleep lol.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.