Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok what should I expect out of my truck? I bought a 2007 ford king ranch dually with 4:30 gears this was someones problem child at some point. This truck has a remanufactured motor with head studs 4"exhaust no CAT and SCT with the 45HP tune EGR delete on it and it feels like a turd when I tow with it. I'm towing a 30' camper and a10' trailer guessing with the two around 11k lbs. this truck is rated at 25k I feel that it should drag this like nothing. I feel my V10 (05) had as much power.
Why I feel this way is there is a 7% grade hill that I run up. My V10 truck cab over camper (Arctic fox) and inclosed trailer loaded up was right under 17k total and I could run 60-65 that was it. My 6.0 with my trailers struggs at 55 EGT go up to 1200 and have to run the right lane all the way up.
the truck has 107000 miles looks great runs good. no problems yet just lacking power to pull I feel.
I have had it for a year put about 10k miles on it. What should expect from this truck?
any suggestion or just reassurance that this is what is to be expected.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I agree with Heavy, I will say however with your 4:30's in tow haul your egts seem high. I had issues with my 03 and part was boost leaks from up pipes along with boots and turbo. When I added a new turbo all was great till I blew my intercooler. My 5er is heavy and gross I weigh 24,000. With tow tune and ficm tune I can pull grades but it runs 1200-1300 on egts. This is with 3.73 gears though and I would think 4:30's would be better.

·
Registered
129 Posts
100% on monitor.
I will add though, pre-turbo exhaust leaks, boost leaks, or low fuel pressure could all cause this. To monitor fuel pressure you need another setup. The PCM doesn't do it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the in put. I updated my stats I do have a monitor( EDGE insite). I will look for leaks and see what I can find. I was thinking on doing the blue spring upgrade what do you use for monitoring fuel pressure?

·
Registered
129 Posts
For fuel pressure I run a sensor to my CTS2. I made my fuel system and have an aftermarket regulator the sensor is plumbed into. If you are staying with the stock fuel bowl, I think you can grab fittings for the inspection port on the fuel bowl. I can't remember how I did it. Otherwise, someone sells a hose extension for that port, and you hook to it by the fender. Hopefully this helps and I'm not just rambling...

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
If your stand at the drivers fender looking at the engine, the test port is lower right on the fuel bowl, near where the lines that lead to he heads come out

Fuel pressure 6.0 M12x1.5MM adapter with a "clearance extension"
you can use a hose and mount an electronic sensor on the fender
A permanent fuel pressure gauge should be on all of the 7.3 and 6.0 trucks, to ensure the life of the injectors

Reactions: 066 and BrewTown

·
Registered
621 Posts
Oil pressure gauges can be used for fuel pressure as well. Bosch makes a metric adapter kit. It has the adapter for the fuel test port and the oil port on the front of the oil cooler housing. I picked the kit up on Amazon for $11.

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
I would go digital on the gauges - you can use one gauge and a switch to change between sensors
rarely do you need to see them all at the same time

Here are some interesting gauge ideas

Reactions: 066

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Oil pressure gauges can be used for fuel pressure as well. Bosch makes a metric adapter kit. It has the adapter for the fuel test port and the oil port on the front of the oil cooler housing. I picked the kit up on Amazon for $11.
Got any links of the kit ?

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
Reactions: Hydro
1 - 12 of 12 Posts