Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks... I'm kinda leaning put a torque converter in it and call it good. Might do the billet input shaft and superior or transgo kit while its out... It looks like all you need to do is pull the pump... (buy the alignment tool) take the pump apart and put in the **** kit.

I think this is the way I'm leaning. Torque converter, billet imput shaft and shift kit.

I found a $200 4x4 5r110 for sale on craigslist but it was gone by the time i called. Possibly if i find one cheap enough.... I'd like to build one just to do it.

It can't be that hard.. Of course there is a learning curve and I could mess something up. But that's the fun in doing something new.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Thanks... I'm kinda leaning put a torque converter in it and call it good. Might do the billet input shaft and superior or transgo kit while its out... It looks like all you need to do is pull the pump... (buy the alignment tool) take the pump apart and put in the **** kit.

I think this is the way I'm leaning. Torque converter, billet imput shaft and shift kit.

I found a $200 4x4 5r110 for sale on craigslist but it was gone by the time i called. Possibly if i find one cheap enough.... I'd like to build one just to do it.

It can't be that hard.. Of course there is a learning curve and I could mess something up. But that's the fun in doing something new.

Thanks everyone.

The superior kit has nothing to do with the pump iirc. Pretty sure it mostly addresses problems with the direct drum and center support. If you can in any way not split the pump housing don’t as that is the most common failure, usually immediately after taking it apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Sure sounds like lots of people say leave it alone unless it's broken... or have someone do it for me.

Sounds like just do the billet shaft and a torque converter.

Thanks for the input.

Damon

·
Registered
1,098 Posts

Thanks everyone.

The superior kit has nothing to do with the pump iirc. Pretty sure it mostly addresses problems with the direct drum and center support. If you can in any way not split the pump housing don’t as that is the most common failure, usually immediately after taking it apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

21 - 24 of 24 Posts