Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just drove to Aurora Colorado today from Ohio, and noticed that my truck is smoking a lot more than before. I have a hypertech on my truck and it smokes like my sct did before. I am wondering if it was the almost straight 1200 miles of driving or is it the altitude that is making the truck smoke more. I also noticed that most of the diesels today on the road here were smoking quite a bit too, like its the city of race tunes... Anyone who has experienced this chime in!

·
Premium Member
4,937 Posts
im not sure how altitude effects these trucks, I dont have to worry about it since im from Oklahoma :dunno:

but heres a free :bump:

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
interested in that too!!!!!

BUMP BUMP!

·
Registered
484 Posts
This is just a guess but the higher altitude the less oxygen maybe would cause it. not sure bout that just a guess but i would like to know too

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yes, high altitude will cause more black smoke because of the lack of oxygen. I used to live in laramie and i bet my pickup smoked double there as it does here in lincoln.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
I'm moving to Ledville, Co. then!! :lol:

(Highest elevation in the US :D)

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, I switched it to stock and it still smokes, never would smoke a bit before...

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I'm moving to Ledville, Co. then!! :lol:

(Highest elevation in the US :D)
Im with you there!!!!! i bet they have the highest diesel trucks per capita there!!!!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
ya the high altitude does make more smoke, thats the only reason i go up to the mountains

1 - 9 of 9 Posts