Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to upgrade my stock alternator o my 2003 F350. I noticed some aftermarket HO alternators are listed for 05-07 only. Is the alternator mount on my 2003 different than 05-07?

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
DC lists there's by each year on their site but I'm pretty sure they are the same. I had a little problem with clearance on my connection due to my Banks IC pipes which are larger than stock. With a little work I had it modified and it's worked fine.

k

·
Registered
564 Posts
I have two (two different 6.0s) Singer Alternators, Large case 270Amp with hairpin power cable (top mount vs rear) and this avoids the intercooler hotside pipe issue.

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
I run a Leece-Neville 230 with the rear regulator on my 04' . It's larger than stock physically and it fits fine . The belt will be tighterwhen going large as the center distance is higher . This required a smaller pulley which speeds up the alternator but it all fits fine .
The hood still closes ( LOL) and it does clear the pipe although it's tight .
If I'm not mistaken the reason for the separation in years is because of the regulator configuration .

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Is there any reason to not run the 90 degree power lead adaptor on the Leece alternator?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Reactions: mjanzgarage
1 - 8 of 8 Posts