Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally figured out what was causing my hard cold starts. :doh: Getting just under 12V per my SGII....anyway....... While I normally dont do this...have any of you had any luck with the LIFETIME WARRANTY alternators from O'reilly's or Advance. I can get a 140 AMP (The stock one is 110 AMP) Lifetime warranty one for about $150. What do you guys think?????

Steve

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well, I finally figured out what was causing my hard cold starts. :doh: Getting just under 12V per my SGII....anyway....... While I normally dont do this...have any of you had any luck with the LIFETIME WARRANTY alternators from O'reilly's or Advance. I can get a 140 AMP (The stock one is 110 AMP) Lifetime warranty one for about $150. What do you guys think?????

Steve
I have had one on an f150 and they seem to be hit or miss. I had one for about 2yrs and it went out. So i took it back and got another. It was DOA. Took it back and got another and it lasted another 3yrs. So I would say i would do it again if the alt went out on this truck. I mean they are within 10mi of the house and the alt is right on top, easy to get to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts