Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!

I am looking at buying an '07 F350 Lariat FX4. The odo reads 94,000km and the engine hours say 1890 hours (which seems right). However... the CAR PROOF report shows it was sold at an auction in 2010 with an odometer reading of 186,155km!! There are no other odometer listings on the Car Proof report, so nothing to prove if it was right or not!
Of course the dealer says there is "no way" that the truck has that kind of mileage on it.

HERE IS MY QUESTION: Does swapping the odometer (or some part in the computer) also reset the engine hours?? Are they controlled by the same thing in the truck? Is there any way to know if the dealer is trying to pull a fast one here?

Any help is appreciated!! [email protected]

·
Registered
858 Posts
milage is stored on teh cluster. If they swapped clusters then it will show miles of teh cluster that was installed.

·
Administrator
32,970 Posts
as far as where the info is stored ? IDK my last GM it was in the cluster and had to be sent to cali to reload the milage when it crapped out

but between the PCM and the cluster I don't think it's an easy task to reset for a DIY oe even dealer ?

unless it was swaped like mentioned

·
Registered
274 Posts
it is stored in the cluster on these trucks... the half ton trucks have the PATS system and it is stored on the chip in that, but on the 250s and 350s its in the cluster and can be relatively easily swapped.

·
All-Right Hauling & Trans
1,266 Posts
The auction probably entered the wrong milage into their system. It was probably only 86,155km at the time of sale.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
engine hours vs. odometer

Thank you to those who got back to me right away!
I am still hoping for more opinions on whether or not swapping the instrument cluster will change both the odometer AND the engine hours...???
Thank you for helping!
Brad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts