Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want my truck to run around 12's in the 1/4, about how much HP/torque should I be shooting for?
What parts would I need roughly?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright obviously I'm going to need Tune studs turbo tranny exhaust I just didn't know if I would have to invest in some injectors also

Would studs, Powermax, Tranny, and a fat tune get me close to 12's??

·
Registered
390 Posts
You can run 12s on a stock tranny. These torqshift 5 speeds are actually known for being the strongest out of all 3 (ford gm dodge). As long as it doesnt have larger than 35 inch tires on a stock ring and pinion (3.73) it should be fine.

A powermax bolt-on turbo, set of warren 190cc injectors and an airdog 2 fuel system is enough to break 12s. You're truck looks relatively light so it shouldn't be an issue.

Obviously with all that, you would have to stud it. Take the time to do that so you have a piece of mind. ARPs, new oil cooler, upgraded STC HPOP fitting are a good base.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks thats what I wanted to hear now I have some goal to research

·
Registered
404 Posts
Do a intercooler too, when running down the track trying for 12's you are going to heat that pig up.

·
Another 6Slow
429 Posts
Might need a little wiff of nitrous too being that it's a crew cab to hit 12s

·
Registered
390 Posts
You may or may not need NO2. I've seen plenty of tuner and exhaust only trucks running mid 13s, so 12s are not a far cry at all with a bigger turbo and injectors.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
see my buddy mentioned nitrous, never messed with it, and honestly kind of scares me.
I plan on running 325/60/18 nitto's 33's roughly,still Im having a hard time believing that my tranny will hold up to mid 12's but if you know first hand id have to believe you. I dont know much about trannys.
Burning it up is an issue too, I was just hoping that a run down the track wouldn't heat her up too bad.

·
Registered
933 Posts
You may or may not need NO2. I've seen plenty of tuner and exhaust only trucks running mid 13s, so 12s are not a far cry at all with a bigger turbo and injectors.
im running 13s in 100* weather with a full tank and full weight, and Im not even studded, if I could get a ~55* night, quarte tank of fuel, took off the tailgate, spare, tool box, headache rack, maybe the rear bumper and a good boosted launch, I would be very low 13s if not 12s

·
Another 6Slow
429 Posts
im running 13s in 100* weather with a full tank and full weight, and Im not even studded, if I could get a ~55* night, quarte tank of fuel, took off the tailgate, spare, tool box, headache rack, maybe the rear bumper and a good boosted launch, I would be very low 13s if not 12s
just did the hp calculator if the ops truck weighs 7500lbs for it to run a 12.99 he would need 561 at the rears which I don't know if that setup could make that. Mustang man imo even if you lighten it up some your truck probably will be around mid to high 13s. But hell only one way to find out:thumb:

·
Registered
933 Posts
just did the hp calculator if the ops truck weighs 7500lbs for it to run a 12.99 he would need 561 at the rears which I don't know if that setup could make that. Mustang man imo even if you lighten it up some your truck probably will be around mid to high 13s. But hell only one way to find out:thumb:
roughly 100 lbs is about a tenth, my regular cab long bed 70XX with me in it and a full tank, tool box is 200lbs, spare and gate are probably 150, bumper another 100, 1 less gallons of fuel (15x8=120lbs) 50* vs a 90 degree night and a ~6500 lb race weight, I deff see low 13s, I think 12s is possible, its just figureing out weather its possible without me blowing the truck up doing it:hehe: i plan on finding out, just waiting for said ~50* night and im getting impatient

·
Registered
390 Posts
to be honest I dont think youre going to hit 12's on fuel with a powermax, it doesnt move enough air.
To be honest...... that is completely incorrect. You can run 12s on a stock turbo.

·
Another 6Slow
429 Posts
12s on stock turbo stock injectors and fuel only?? I personally don't think its possible unless you gut the truck... however I would love to see it happen

·
Registered
390 Posts
He never said anything about injectors. Just said on fuel. Though i do also believe that a gutted single cab will go 12s on stock turbo AND stock injectors!

·
Another 6Slow
429 Posts
Haha well I don't. But what do I know

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
He never said anything about injectors. Just said on fuel. Though i do also believe that a gutted single cab will go 12s on stock turbo AND stock injectors!
your a idiot. :doh:
I know of a strpped single cab with stock turbo and 225s and runs a 13.0 on fuel and 12.3 on spray.

·
Registered
390 Posts
your a idiot. :doh:
I know of a strpped single cab with stock turbo and 225s and runs a 13.0 on fuel and 12.3 on spray.
I think you meant YOU'RE AN idiot... :wink[3]:

That's fantastic news about the single cab with 225s! It can be done without the injectors though....

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
To be honest...... that is completely incorrect. You can run 12s on a stock turbo.
This is nothing new.....there are plenty of trucks that are stock turbo and injectors that have broken into the 12's... theyre spraying though.

Stock turbo and stock injectors theres no way your breaking into the 12's without spray... gutted or not... prove me wrong here

I can maybe see a stripped regular cab go just south of the 13.0 mark on fuel with a powermax and 190's without spray

The powermax is nothing special....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts