Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy All,
Some of us were talking Sunday morning about neat places to see here in Texas. I have always wanted to see the Marfa lights and brought this up. Bill (RC51) mentioned that there is a place out there that is a natural spring and you can swim with some large fish, plus the Davis Observatory is out there as well. Anyways, just batting that around, no dates or anything like that.
Craig

·
Registered
798 Posts
Could camp at Big Bend, some pretty scenery out that way. Some nice trail riding too. Nothing crazy, but some scenic trails.

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
Hill Country, Bandera, Fredricksburg, Wimberly,,,,,,great scenic drives

·
Registered
442 Posts
Just name the time and place :thumb: You guys should come up to OKIE around June July Im putting together a GTG ... I got STUMP on the hook already ... just had to bait him with free NATTY :hehe: :hehe:

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I heard talk about one in Lawton OK. over Memorial Day Weekend.
Craig

·
Cynic
11,178 Posts

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm all for going to OK, but seriously guys.. I'm hyped for a Mcdonald Observatory Meet in Fort Davis.
How soon were you wanting to go out there (Ft. Davis)/
Craig

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
White Sands Near El Paso? I think that might be in New Mexico tho.

·
Cynic
11,178 Posts

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not sure. That all depends. I DOUBT I'll make DITD 2008 because that is Jen's vacation time outside the USA for us.

But I'd LOVE to do a fall meet.
We (Carrie and the family), wanted to do the DITD, but if it works out to do the Davis Obs and Marfa, then that's probably what we'll do.
Craig

·
Cynic
11,178 Posts

·
Cynic
11,178 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hill Country, Bandera, Fredricksburg, Wimberly,,,,,,great scenic drives
ABSOLUTELY!!!

or Garner State Park and the Frio River!!! Our family ranch is 10 min north of there(could work something out) and there is very cheap camping.

Missed the DFW G2G but wont miss another, thats not too far... and I have friends that arent on the ORG that are interested.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts