Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha, I`ve been thinking of replacing my great shape `95 F-250 7.3L TDI 4X4 with an `05 or wait abit for the `06 replacement 6.0L. Yet I`m bombarded with continuing horror tales that boil down to the so called "FACT" that the current engine is nothing short of time bomb mess and EASILY fits the definition of LEMON!! In fact it is said that FORD so WELL knows they`ve a disaster engine, that they`re NOW planning a bottom up NEW, not modified but from ground up new replacement engine for `07 forward. Even talk of a twin TURBO version, which to me sounds more like an exotic Euro sports car or BMW TDI car or SUV already made right now & successfully being sold in Europe. ( Non-Believers can go to the BMW INternational or better yet German site to verify my claim! I`m NOT making this up!)
These people who are teling me all these negative horror stories are FORD people, some of them current owners who want my truck!!! I`m frequently stopped & pleaded with to sell mine to them, or if not, at least not to be another unhappy sucker silly enuf to buy a current Diesel F-350 Duallie which is what I`d go for & am looking to buy.The current version 6.0 Diesel is nothing but a grief machine! Or so I`m told!!
Please sound off and either agree or disagree. I`m asking for as much detail as anyone cares to share.
Mahalo nui loa ( Thanx alot in Hawaiian where winter is a felony.)
Unsure of my next Ford, tending the beaches as it is my contribution to the world!

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts
beguileme said:
"that boil down to the so called "FACT" that the current engine is nothing short of time bomb mess and EASILY fits the definition of LEMON!!
Welcome! :)
That's not the most objective statement I've read from someone looking for opinions but you asked so I'll respond. I respectfully disagree. My truck has 12K on it and is simply amazing. Will it grenade tomorrow and be the "LEMON" you described? Somehow I seriously doubt it.
I'm not sure anything I tell you will change your mind one way or the other and I won't get into an "everyone" tells me they're junk disagreement. Your post was obviously trying to prove a point that you feel the 6.0 is junk. I'll respect your opinion.
On the flip side of the people you've spoken with, here in Texas I see plenty of people who claim the 6.0 is the best truck they've ever owned. I hope you find the answers you're looking for and whatever truck you decide to go with, I hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
6-oh no!

Well I have a friend with an 04 6.0 and he loves it. He hasn't had any problems with it that I know of so far other than a rear main seal. On the other hand a guy in a 6.0 parked next to me at a home improvement store and complained up and down with problems galore of his 6.0 and told me he'd love to trade me for my 7.3. He said he previously owned a 7.3 and it was his worst mistake gettin rid of it. I can't help you confirm it's a lemon, I can only say that the 7.3 had been around for years and was near perfected by the time ford went to the 6.0. It's only natural that newer motors whether improved or completely rebuilt can have some problems that were unexpected. On the other hand, look at it this way.....feel sorry for the guys that have the old GM 6.5L diesel!! Man that thing is the biggest turd. There's guy with a late 90 something standard cab here in Indy who has his 6.5 modded somewhat, and even when I ran him on my stock setting I slayed his sorry little truck. And you gotta love when they pop the hood and it says "Turbo Power" on the top of it! How about "Turd Power" instead!! lol....anyways, way off topic, but still......thought it was funny

·
Registered
30 Posts
My dad has owned three 7.3 in like the past 12 years (2 where his and 1 was a company truck,basically his). they ran like champs, i like them. I was about to get a 02' 7.3 but i saw a 6.0 and decided i would try it out. I love mine and it has done just fine(knock on wood). They are strong, fast engines and i like'em.

·
Registered
7,242 Posts
What's the deal brother!

Yeah, I think the 7.3 will go down in history as one of the best engines ever, but whether the 6.0 follows remains up in the air. I know it's a good engine, quick and good for towing, but it might have some flaws that keep it from becoming one of the best.......time will tell!

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have an 04 F-250 6.0 that I love!! Yes, I have had 2 problems, one with the EGR valve and the other with a short in my ignition. Both left me stranded in the winter time. I LOVE truck, and YES, I would buy it again. It has been an awesome, awesome truck. I LOVE my truck. I would recommend the 6.0 PSD!! Would I buy it again, ABSOLUTELY!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts