Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting my 5" turbo back delete pipe on today I decided to have a little fun when I got back to my ranch. I wanted to see how loud the turbos were. So I lock my front hubs and shift into 4x4, turn off the main road and into powder soft sand. The truck instantly sank in 7", I got out and looked at the front tires and you couldn't even see the rubber below the bottom of the rim. Fun time, I backed her up a little bit then started plowing in 1st, shifted into 2nd and the turbos started crying!!! I swear you couldn't even hear the motor over the whistle. I was pushing 30 psi of boost @ 15mph and EGT's were over 1100*F!! Here's the best part. It was dark so I had all my spot and flood lights on, normally I can see about 100 ft behind me with the lights, but I couldn't see 5 ft. past my tailgate there was so much smoke!!!! She wanted to sink so bad, but it just keep pushing through the sand.

There will be video soon, I promise. I just want to get my stacks in first.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
After getting my 5" turbo back delete pipe on today I decided to have a little fun when I got back to my ranch. I wanted to see how loud the turbos were. So I lock my front hubs and shift into 4x4, turn off the main road and into powder soft sand. The truck instantly sank in 7", I got out and looked at the front tires and you couldn't even see the rubber below the bottom of the rim. Fun time, I backed her up a little bit then started plowing in 1st, shifted into 2nd and the turbos started crying!!! I swear you couldn't even hear the motor over the whistle. I was pushing 30 psi of boost @ 15mph and EGT's were over 1100*F!! Here's the best part. It was dark so I had all my spot and flood lights on, normally I can see about 100 ft behind me with the lights, but I couldn't see 5 ft. past my tailgate there was so much smoke!!!! She wanted to sink so bad, but it just keep pushing through the sand.

There will be video soon, I promise. I just want to get my stacks in first.
Nice one :doh: Glad the rig pulled through for ya, and without damaging anything! :icon_ford:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't drive anything less. I've been in Fords my entire life. When I worked for another ranch we had a bunch of 1985-1986 F-350 diesels that had 60,000-80,000 miles on them, and had never seen an inch of pavement in their life. Any truck that can take that kind of punishment is a real rig in my book.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I wouldn't drive anything less. I've been in Fords my entire life. When I worked for another ranch we had a bunch of 1985-1986 F-350 diesels that had 60,000-80,000 miles on them, and had never seen an inch of pavement in their life. Any truck that can take that kind of punishment is a real rig in my book.
:icon_ford::icon_ford:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Sounded like fun, get that video up :thumb:

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Yeah for real. Please? :thumb:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will as soon as I can.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Take the monster on over to Padre Island and shoot some video on the beach.:icon_ford:

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
lets see the video stop holding out on us :icon_ford::thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts