Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'm running bio diesel and i put so regular diesel in my rear tank and ran on it for a while in hope of getting some black smoke. well i got none!!! now when i switched back to bio diesel i get a bit but its just a short shot of it . how do i make it smoke ???? WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO??? its got a stock intake 4 position chip and 4 inch straight pipe? is this good or bad? i heard the reason diesels black smoke is because the lack of oxygen to fuel mixture??? is this true?

·
Premium Member
8,298 Posts
you need injectors to get any serious amount of smoke. look into diy kit from rosewood diesel.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
well make sure you got an aftermarket dp if you just straight piped the factory exhaust but actually mine smokes pretty good now with a full intake full exhaust fpr shim edge evo on extreme and my map sensor unplugged.

btw i dont know why but when i unplug that map sensor it smokes literally twice as much compared to when its in. i like it! i can finally smoke out ricers pretty good and actually did yesterday

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok cool. ya i'm going to get a cold air intake and chop my muffler and put a stack on it hopefully that will give me better flow and more air. i just think it looks bad a$$ comming down the ramp onto the highway blasting black smoke everywhere! i would get new injectors but i dont have 1500 to spend on injectors i'd rather get a levling kit and stacks than that. so anything other than injectors?

·
Registered
64 Posts
i dont know if this helps but i had the same problem all it was i my exshaust wasnt tight and once i got er all tight out came the smoke. like i said i dont know if this will help

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you mean tight as in in the manafold? or like not enough pressure?

·
Registered
64 Posts
i mean were each pipe connects and were the down pipe connects to the turbo

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hm allright i'll check that one out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
like i said im not sure if that helps but that is what was wrong with mine

·
Registered
854 Posts
Really depends on what year truck you got...if it's an old body style (94.5-97) you're gonna need stage 1+ injectors to blow some serious smoke like the newer trucks...

Full turbo-back exhaust (to get rid of the crappy downpipe if it's an O.B.S.)

Lastly what kinda chip are you running? If it ain't a Tony Wildman TS chip or a DP Tuner chip, then you're not gonna get a whole lot of smoke...

You can think of the off-the-shelf tuners as "tuners with training wheels"

:thumb:

·
Banned
722 Posts
you wont blow much smoke with stock injectors.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what are some good after market injectors that are at a reasonable price?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good luck finding injectors at a reasonable price. My brother recently had a new set of injectors put in his 2000 and the injectors were about $200 a piece plus the labor to put them in. Out the door it was around $2,000. Just an FYI.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ouch!!!!! i'm definatly going to hold off on aftermarket injectors

·
Registered
317 Posts
btw i dont know why but when i unplug that map sensor it smokes literally twice as much compared to when its in. i like it! i can finally smoke out ricers pretty good and actually did yesterday
I think I've got a pretty good idea, but where is the MAP Sensor located?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
how do i do that? and will that decrease my mileage?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
dam i umplugged the map sensor and it was throwing black smoke pretty good 10 times more than it was before. hell i'm even rooling it on biodiesel and i didnt kno that was possible all i ever got out of bio diesel was grey smoke !!! thanks guys ... isnt the map sensor the thing that tells the engine to adjust the fuel mixture???

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
how do i do that? and will that decrease my mileage?
well you buy the kit from them for $250, and you can either pony up the extra $225 for them to machine your injectors, or get a machine shop to do it but i recommend letting rosewood do it. btw the guy that runs the company is on here DZL JIM. after that you can install em or pay a mechanic to put em in. on the mileage im not sure, maybe with a stock truck and just the basic upgrades and diy inj. you might lose a little BUT if you got that plus custom tuning from Wildman yes you should see good mpg increase.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
and another thing unplugging the map really does work doesnt it! i did it myself and have had ALOT of ppl with obs trucks sending me pm to confirm it and asking how to do it. as borat would say "itsa veeeraaa nasss" :hehe:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts