Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Derrick and i am currently stationed at Ft. Rucker Alabama. Im not new to Ford but i am new to diesels. I just sold my pride and joy a 1990 Mustang puttin down 468 RWHP and bought a 99 F250. The truck is pretty much stock except for rims and tires a brush guard and a superchips programmer(soon to be replaced by a bully dog triple dog). Glad to be a part of the site and hope to get lots of good info from you guys.

·
Registered
107 Posts
welcome!
one of my boys i am real tight with is also stationed down there!

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
Welcome to the org. My advice is skip the Bullydog. its not gonna be any better than the superchips. If you want decent tunes check with some of our sponsors for custom tuned chips. Much better tuning and the same price and cheaper than Bully Puppy in some cases

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the superchip programmer i have only has a stock setting tow setting and high performance setting and the high performance is only 60 hp.

·
Super Moderator
31,733 Posts
Thats about all you are truly gonna get out of the triple dog. Look into PHP, Tony Wildman, DP Tuner, Swamps, Gearhead Automotive, Truck Source Diesel and outfits like those.

Much better tunes. The drivability, shifting and everything all around will be better than the bullydog.

I have ran tunes from just about every tuner known. Between my 7.3 and my 6.0. Take my word for it. Custom tuning is the way to go. The only thing bully dog has going is advertising.

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the .ORG.............like Mike (Choctaw) said...thanks for your service.

Craig

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
Welcome to the .ORG! and I'd also like to say thank you...:thumb:

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Welcome to Powerstroke.org