Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well thanks to everybody on this site i did alot to my truck and it runs so much better i did the egr cooler bypass took about 10 hours not bad does wonders to the truck i also did the cat delete much better i have noticed better fuel milage my truck seems so much better, also did the zoodad mod very easy thanks for all the great info

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
glad to hear the egr bypass worked out good i got one ordered for my truck should be in in a few days. how much better did your fuel econmy get??

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i used to get roughly about 700km to a tank now i get allmost 1000km to a tank i do hotshots all day long my truck barley shuts offhauling heavy loads all day so every bit helps

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
sounds like it s a winner then !!

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
glad to hear the egr bypass worked out good i got one ordered for my truck should be in in a few days. how much better did your fuel econmy get??
you bought an egr cooler bypass?

·
Registered
565 Posts
details, details.......I know my SCT/ID turns my EGR off, but what thats bypass do-hicky, whats it do, and how does it help what???

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
You did that motor a huge favor!
Good job!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Can someone post a link to the EGR bypass mod and what benefits it offers. I am new to the diesel world and want to do all for my truck that I can. ( afford ). Thanks for yalls advice.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
details, details.......I know my SCT/ID turns my EGR off, but what thats bypass do-hicky, whats it do, and how does it help what???
It prevents an egr cooler failure and puking. It can help your truck not hydrolock. Most people block off the exhaust side via sneaky pipe or block off plate/freeze plug and some weld both sides of the cooler shut.

Can someone post a link to the EGR bypass mod and what benefits it offers. I am new to the diesel world and want to do all for my truck that I can. ( afford ). Thanks for yalls advice.
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-0-mod-help/43769-complete-egr-removal-write-up-new-post.html

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
the egr bypass comes from elitedieseleng.com the following info is directly from the website. EGR stuff is located under the engine parts category. hope this helps 60UPEGRBO
Up-pipe with Blocked off EGR (Sneaky Pipe)
$165.00

Want to block off the EGR on a 2005 and newer truck that has the restrictive scoop shown below? Here is a replacement up-pipe that does not have the restrictive scoop, so you can use the included block-off plate. This maintains the factory appearance of your original pipe. Pipe comes with genuine Ford hardware: 4 new fasteners, nuts, and gasket as well as our block off plate. On certain trucks this modification may set a check engine light, our custom tuner can eliminate this condition

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
How does eliminating the EGR affect passing Emissions testing? I don't want to screw myself if I have to move in the next few years to another state that has emissions.

I'm debating doing one of the pipes. I guess the best deal would be to run the pipe that eliminates the scoop and side pipe. Again.. MPG's will be the motive. I could run the pipe with the outlet and then run the cap, and use and SCT shut off option. this way it would look factory and nobody would suspect.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts