Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i guess my 450 has 19.5 alcoa rims correct? So does that mean i already have adapters to bolt 24.5 alcoas right up? If so do i need to lift it at all or can i get a small enough tire thats not to tall? It is 4wd. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry its a 08 dually

·
Dont Mess With Texas!
5,788 Posts
Correct me if im wrong here but, your 450 is 8 lug and I beleive the 24.5 Alcoas are 10 lug. not 100% so I beleive you still need the adaptor.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Well I believe that there all 10 lug so i would assume they would fit, The lift is all going to depend on the height of the tire, It would be safe to say that it would need some kind of lift due to the fact its very expensive to buy a low profile 24.5 compared to a standard 24.5, also for the fact that the thinner the wall the more acceptable to bending a rim would be, I have a yokohama 255/70 r22.5 with a 6" lift, My side wall size is around 7" and my clearance is around 6" so with out my lift kit i would rub, So depending on what you are trying to accomplish with a lower profile stance or a lifted up dually like mine then, I would say a minimum of 2" lift with a 4" side wall at the least, but what I would do is jack the truck up!!!!

·
Registered
455 Posts
well hey cowboy!! where you been? i was gonna call you today but I fell asleep i didnt get home from work until 10am

also casey i do think they upgraded the bolt pattern on the larger trucks to a 10

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No they are 10 lug factory alcoas 19.5s

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I believe that there all 10 lug so i would assume they would fit, The lift is all going to depend on the height of the tire, It would be safe to say that it would need some kind of lift due to the fact its very expensive to buy a low profile 24.5 compared to a standard 24.5, also for the fact that the thinner the wall the more acceptable to bending a rim would be, I have a yokohama 255/70 r22.5 with a 6" lift, My side wall size is around 7" and my clearance is around 6" so with out my lift kit i would rub, So depending on what you are trying to accomplish with a lower profile stance or a lifted up dually like mine then, I would say a minimum of 2" lift with a 4" side wall at the least, but what I would do is jack the truck up!!!!
Well what i want is my cake and eat it to.Hetes my problem. I have a 5th wheel camper so i cant go but so high. It weights 13,500 lbs loaded and it squats alot when hooked up. And i want big wheels for when im not loaded lol. Im sure someone else around here has dealt with these issues. Maybe a 2 " lift with helper bags.hell i dont know what to do i just want the biggest alcoas i can fit and not lift it so high i cant tow the camper

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would love to put a 8" pro comp with 28" rockstars with 40s but then i couldnt tow a gooseneck or fifth wheel

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
28" serious?!?!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea my friend just did it. Its jacked to the sky.He had to buy a bumper pull camper and id rather have a fifth wheel.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Different bolt pattern.

And 28" would just look stupid. Unless your going for the homie/pimp look.......

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
That takes the point out of buying a truck to tow with IMO. I know that you can run a leveling kit on pretty much any of the 99 and up 350s and 450s and can get away with a 255/70/22.5 with no issues. That's a 37 inch tire, but the narrower width allows you to run it and not have clearance issues. So, you could do a leveling kit and air bags and still do a 5th wheel. Might even be able to do a 4 inch kit, depending on the height of the camper.

·
Registered
544 Posts
So i guess my 450 has 19.5 alcoa rims correct? So does that mean i already have adapters to bolt 24.5 alcoas right up? If so do i need to lift it at all or can i get a small enough tire thats not to tall? It is 4wd. Thanks in advance
Alcoa did build the rims for Ford for the 350-550 trucks.
the 450/550 have a smaller center and bolt circle than the 22.5/24.5 wheels.

450 bolt circle I believe is 225mm
commercial wheels are 270mm ot 285mm

I am running 265/70R19.5 on my rig 34.5 tall with no issues in clearance. taller than that I can see having to lift or trimm a lot. PLus you are going to give up some turning circle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts