Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did anyone read the article by Michael Platt (sp?) in the Calgary Sun where some politician from Calgary and one from Edmonton are lobbying to get mandatory testing for emission controls of vehicles older then 10 years? I just escaped Vancouver's aircare for that crap and now its followed me to Alberta :doh:
Hope like hell it doesn't get anywhere, its making me reconsider my spartan and deletes :gr_bs:

weird thing is i have heard that they are scrapping the aircare in the lower mainland, no clue if its true or not

·
Registered
365 Posts
They are still talking about keeping air care here again. My GVWR is up to 5000KG's So I do not have to go to air care. Do you have A plates. As in a farm vehicle. They do not have to do it either.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tried the A plate route and got into a accident on the patullo bridge where my mirror and a truck beside me clipped each other, i guess my mirror (no damage) caved in the chevies door and wrecked the mirror. This got me into a heap of trouble with ICBC they covered the damage but was told to get the A plate off my truck and re register the truck for the lower mainland, I had it registered to my dads farm up in Quesnel. I couldnt prove i lived up there so they quashed it...:dunno:

havent seen anything since about possible emmision testing in alberta since that article so far...

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
i honestly wouldnt worry about it..

It doesnt take much to swap everything if they did, even then your an 08 10 yrs puts you at 2018..

Roal coal till its a signed piece of paper!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts