Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my AIS severe duty intake system today. It is the only aftermarket High Flow air intake system autorized by Ford for the 7.3. I would have taken pics but it would have literally taken more time to take them and put them on here then to install the system. However that is not the reason I didn't take pics, I forgot my camera. It only took about 10 minuets to remove the old system and install the new one. I took about 1.5hrs though because I took steel wool and mothers aluminum polish and polished my cac tubes. Along with the new air system and foil delete it sounds just like a 6.0! The turbo SCREAMS! Very loud. I love it. Any questions just ask.

Jon

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ofcourse

I had to chat with my buddies a bit and answer the phone so we might say 3-7minuets.:p Oh but the cac tubes look like mirrors!:chicken:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually

I'm going to do the Zoodad X2000 mod tomorrow. Thats where you completly seal the intake off to the grill area and put a custom fabed screen over the intake.

·
Northwest Stroker
212 Posts
When you say completely seal off intake to grille, you mean eliminate the 1.5"(give or take) gap? Are you fabbing something, or something you can purchase? Haven't really had an abundance of time to work on my rig lately.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
hey where did u get your AIS intake, and how much was it? Also i was wondering if you have noticed any of your temps being higher since you took your foil off? thks

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Don't worry about temps with foil delete, it's purely sound insulation (early 99's didn't have the foil) and you can get the AIS from many places... will run ya about 200 bucks.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Did you notice any power gain with the AIS. I keep hearing about how it filters better, but nothing about power gains

·
Registered
304 Posts
AIS

Love mine and yes Sooooooooooooooooo easy to install.got the donaldson filter with it and it is way nice. got mine dieselman77.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Has anyone ever done the $25 snorkel kit out the fender to get additional air? I think I am going to go the AIS route but was wondering if the snorkel thing would be worth it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Snorkel kit was probably a bad choice of words. The AIS kit can be bought with a little hose thing that attaches to a hole in the fender and on the other end attaches to a 3 1/2" hole that you have to drill. This is supposed to increase airflow, much like the zoodad. I have seen quite a few vendors that sell the AIS that also sell the attachment thingy.

·
Registered
578 Posts
that "snorkel thingy" is for the early 99's who's intake draws air from the fenderwell ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you notice any power gain with the AIS. I keep hearing about how it filters better, but nothing about power gains
I didnt see an answer to this.

Also I'm thinking about getting the AIS but I would like to know if it improves fuel mileage moreso than power??:eek:hnoes: I cant beleive I asked that. Got to be the price of diesel going to my head...

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ais

I didnt notice a power gain, but I didnt notice a loss either. So I guess if you consider the gain in filtration it was a win win situation.

·
Registered
601 Posts
do you have to buy the fender thing if u have an early 99? i thought that intake made the early 99's draw through the grill

·
Registered
59 Posts
do you have to buy the fender thing if u have an early 99? i thought that intake made the early 99's draw through the grill
No. It will draw through the grill only. It would be nice to pull air from both though. Anyone have more info on this???

1 - 20 of 73 Posts