Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the deal I have 2003 f250 6.0 and I'm putting warren 190's in, 6.4 banjos, arp head studs, new gaskets, sinister coolant filter kit and fuel return, but as I was going to find my price on my airdog I saw a bunch of bad reviews that I didn't like about the fuel pressure hitting below 15 and I'd like to know which is better to go with now the FASS or airdog and some of yall's experiences with both. I thought I knew what I was doin goin with the airdog but getten alittle skeptical now.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Some guys have had good luck with AirDog2, me included but I've put in close to $1500 in fuel system mods to keep my AD2 alive. I suggest Fuel Lab. I'm sure others will chime in with more detailed info. Personally I'll stick with my AD2 until it lets me down, hasn't yet in about five years. Knock on wood. LOL

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the air dog two was exactly what I was looking to purchase the df-165 is this the one you have? and just curious why did it add up so much to keep it up? just the filters and maybe a new line here and there?

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
+1 for Fuelab, don't get a AD2 your asking for trouble. The only air dog product I would consider is a AD150 as a lift pump.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Fuelabs seems to be the pump that survives on the 6.0's fuel system. You could always use a 6.4 fuel pump as a lift pump and keep the 6.0 fuel pump also. This allows the 6.0 pump to be able to supply a lot more volume of fuel to the injectors. Shack (onebadcoastie, I think its him) has a great write up on this.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Jugernaut has the write up, but Shack does have a 6.4 pump ready to be installed.

Edit: Found the thread http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-...ion/287321-6-4-lift-pump-ad2-165-success.html

OP I have a complete custom fuel system with a Fuelab 41401 pump, it is way overkill it will provide enough fuel for 400cc injectors on low speed. Fuelab has a Velocity series pump coming out that has the water separator and filter incorporated into one unit. I think they are selling them now but its not on their website.

Thought I would go ahead and add these also

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-0l-performance-parts-discussion/278182-airdog-2-no-longer.html

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-...79127-airdog2-carnage-update-please-read.html

·
Registered
924 Posts
Like already said, stay away from Airdog and FASS. The 6.4 pump is a great way to go for a lift pump, then run that into a Fuelab or stock 6.0 pump and you'll be good to go.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
:Shocked: :Shocked: :Shocked:
ROTFLMAO...... but keep in mind I built mine like no one else and I'm including the hours I put in, 3/4" SS hard pipe suction/discharge lines - mostly double walled to cure my gelled fuel paranoia 'cause getting caught once was enough.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fuelabs seems to be the pump that survives on the 6.0's fuel system. You could always use a 6.4 fuel pump as a lift pump and keep the 6.0 fuel pump also. This allows the 6.0 pump to be able to supply a lot more volume of fuel to the injectors. Shack (onebadcoastie, I think its him) has a great write up on this.
Thanks ill look into this I always heard good about fuelabs with the 6.0.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Is anyone using the new fass pump that you're talking about? I've been hearing about this one for a while, but havent seen anything installed yet.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
If your factory pump is still good...just get a low pressure FASS or airdog150 piggy backing it. I ran my low pressure FASS feeding the stock pump with 190's and had zero issues with fuel pressure. Just a thought if you didn't wanna spend much

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If your factory pump is still good...just get a low pressure FASS or airdog150 piggy backing it. I ran my low pressure FASS feeding the stock pump with 190's and had zero issues with fuel pressure. Just a thought if you didn't wanna spend much
How low in pressure are you goin and how long have you been doin it this way?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I ran it like that for a few years. Fuel pressure stayed at 60psi and never dropped. But back in 2010 I eliminated the whole factory system to make life easier. I have a fuelab in place of the factory pump now. So my Low pressure FASS is feeding the fuelab now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I ran it like that for a few years. Fuel pressure stayed at 60psi and never dropped. But back in 2010 I eliminated the whole factory system to make life easier. I have a fuelab in place of the factory pump now. So my Low pressure FASS is feeding the fuelab now.
Thanks for the advise on that I think i'm gunna do exactly what you are whether i feed into my stock pump or go ahead with a fuel lab is a whole nother question haha.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
With a sumped fuel tank and a Fuelab high pressure pump there is really no need for a lift pump. A couple of filters and the Fuelab and you are good to go.

Whatever you do DO NOT get an ADII DF-165 and I recommend not doing business with PureFlow at all.

·
Registered
947 Posts
What fuel lab pump is recommended to run in our 6.0's?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts