Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I'm debating on what fuel system upgrade to get for now. I can't decide between the AirDog II and the AirDog 150. Will both provide the same results?

I've heard the AirDog I will start losing pressure at a quarter tank, will this hurt driveability?

Is one harder to install than the other?

Any other pros and cons??

Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
JUST HAD AN AIRDOG 2 INSTALLED YESTERDAY, TRUCK RUNS AWESOME. IF YOU DONT PUT SUMP INTO THE TANK THE LOWEST YOU SHOULD GO IS A 1/4. BECAUSE OF THE FACTORY PICKUP CAN GET AIR INTO THE LINES WHICH WILL DECREASE PERFORMANCE.

·
Lt. Negativity
1,739 Posts
I run the airdog 150, with a sump pump and my pressure never moves off 63psi, even on the interstate. I vote 150 but thats me.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have the AD II and have no issues with it other than the pump is a little noisey. I backed the pressure down to 55PSI and it does not move even when you hold it to the floor. I would imagine they are both about the same to install. The 150 I can't tell you but the AD II you do not have to drill your tank or anything like that. I pulled my bed off while I was installing it and harpooned my tank at the same time.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I would go for the DF165 and eliminate the factory pump altogether.

·
Lt. Negativity
1,739 Posts
Doesn't the 150 use the stock pump?

Our pumps are not impressive so wouldn't the stock pump be stressed with the airdog??
Do you actually know what the stock pump actually flows ?? U'd be surpise honestly what is capable of. 45psi min, average is 55-60psi, stock I believe is 60gph, maybe more.

I think quite a few people who run the 150 also run a raptor pump as a pusher pump as well.
I dont run the Raptor pump, the raptor pump would be the replacement of the stock pump. I choose to keep my stock pump, its the orginial pump going on 7 yrs now and pushed my 190's for over 4 yrs with no issues.

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
The AD2 is a better choice for an all in one unit then the FASS. I run the AD 150 pushing the stock pump too and have no issues. If the AD2 stays out for a few years and continues a reliable track record then I could see the AD 100 & 150 going away. But for now the AD2 is not long term tested as far as I know. Also one benefit to running the AD 150 is that if it takes a crap for any reason, it will by pass and you can still run on your stock pump. If the AD2 goes down, so does your truck.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
The AD2 is a better choice for an all in one unit then the FASS. I run the AD 150 pushing the stock pump too and have no issues. If the AD2 stays out for a few years and continues a reliable track record then I could see the AD 100 & 150 going away. But for now the AD2 is not long term tested as far as I know. Also one benefit to running the AD 150 is that if it takes a crap for any reason, it will by pass and you can still run on your stock pump. If the AD2 goes down, so does your truck.
Both you and rescue have very good points, would just an AD 150 with no RR be fine for stock sticks?

·
Lt. Negativity
1,739 Posts
Stock Sticks I;d say the 100 should be more then enough to handle that.

·
Lt. Negativity
1,739 Posts
But if you plan to go bigger injectors 150 is a good idea so you dont do it twice, doesnt hurt just asking.

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
The AD 100 & 150 are still both the same price I think. Only difference is install difficulty. The 100 uses the stock tank pick up while with the 150 you have to drop the tank and install a new one. If I had it to do over again I'd install a sump too.

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So is the AD2 easier to install?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts