Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed an airdog 2 last night and I have a few questions.
I've been told that I should cap off the stock return line from the engine fuel filter housing to bypass the stock FPR. Where does this line go from the housing? Is it not one of the lines you connect to the return tee airdog supplies?
And does anybody have an idea on psi increase with one turn in on the adj reg screw?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
The return does run into the return tree that comes with the AD2. I just left mine all hooked up and cut a little disc out of a beer can that would fit in the fitting on the factory fuel bowl.

IMO the best two things that you can do with an AD2 is sump your tank and make your own 10 ga wiring harness for it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where do you block it off at? Where the line goes in or inside the housing some where?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I just cut the little disc with my dremel so that it would fit in the female fitting where the steel hard-line leaves the housing. Put the disc in the female part of the fitting so that it will seal against the o-ring in the male fitting.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Just FYI you can delete the entire fuel filter housing and redo the entire fuel system is SS braided line from the AD2 to the heads for about $180. I just did it to mine and I love it. It took me about 4 hrs to do it and I was taking my time. Also gained about 1.5 MPG out of it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I have a cap for it.
but if you block it off don't you eliminate the return system?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Don't install a cap on the housing and leave the line hanging with nothing in it as the AD2 does return fuel through there and it could push it up through the open ended line. You can cap both of them if you have both of the caps.

Yes you will eliminate the return system, but getting that ugly a$$ fuel/oil filter housing out of the engine bay entirely really cleans things up real nice. Also I eliminated the banjo bolts and I have bigger ID lines running to the heads. When I get my RR done, I know that my injectors will not be starving for fuel.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought you needed a return system

1 - 8 of 8 Posts