Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this was a temporary problem, but I figure I'd mention it here to see if anyone else had experience or similar happen.

So, a couple of weeks ago I switched out my steering gear for a Red Head (it's awesome). Yesterday, when I was leaving work, I turned the wheel to a full lock and started driving out of the parking lot and the airbag light came on and stayed on. I don't know if you have ever been hit by an airbag before, but I have and it was not pleasant. So, the whole time I'm trying to get back off the road (no shoulder 2 lane road) I was flinching and hoping the airbag was not about to get me. I pulled over about 1/2 mile down the road and turned the truck off. Turned back on, light went out and has been out since.

Who else has had this happen before and did you fix it somehow?

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
Never heard of that one. I know some manufacturers have them come on so u have to bring them in for safety check

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I don't think there are any scenarios where an airbag light means the bag WILL deploy.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I know that it probably won't light and then deploy (that would be kind of pointless), but my thought was if there's an issue with the airbag system, who knows what will happen? Hence, my squinting and flinching. LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts