Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just bought some pacbrake airbags, but i'm a bit confused as to how i'm suppose to mount them when i don't have factory overload springs. I was all ready to do my install today, but it doesn't look like there's a way to mount the bottom bracket without having an overload to mount to. I'm assuming this would be the same situation regardless of brand. Any thoughts on this?

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
could someone maybe post up a pic of what their leaf springs look like without a factory overload or PM it to me? I'm wondering if maybe i have something weird.

· Registered
124 Posts
Can't you just clamp the bottom mount to the leaf pack? I have overloads with ride-rite kit and the bracket sits on top of the overload and clamped under the whole leaf pack .unless your brackets are different?

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey i appreciate the reply, but i think my real problem was that i was just overthinking it. All i had to do was just wrap the u bolt around the leaf pack. It originally seemed like it stretched the airbag a little far, but it's still in Pacbrake's limit spec. All good to roll now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.