Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting to replace my leaf springs with an air suspension system. Is there a brand/manufacturer you would recommend? What are some advantages in replacing them?

I use my truck on a daily basis commuting to and from work, but I also use it to haul my boat and travel trailer. I do some off road driving when I hog hunt. That pretty much sums it up. I'd like to have a suspension system that would be able to accommodate and adjust to any terrain.

Oh, and be able to run over zombies!

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Kelderman has been around for a long time and they do cost a lot of money
but you know the old saying, you get what you pay for.
Doug

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a Talon system for sale on here. I bought it for my Excursion but couldn't get it to work without modifying the exhaust. Best I can tell, the only way to make the system I have work on an Ex would be to either run the exhaust down below the fuel tank, or to have a turnout in front of tire or dump underneath. That said it is a lot cheaper than any new kit you will buy :D

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
I have been emailing with Kelderman. I'm currently waiting on a response for something compatable with the my 2005. I guess the suspension is completely different from 2000-2004. Do post if you find anything.
Suspensions are pretty much the same for our Ex's. I would talk to Cary at CT Performance before you have your heart set on a full air suspension as he had a customer take his full air suspension off (PM me if you want the brand) after driving Cary's own suspension modded Excursion.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
I would seriously talk to someone who actually owns a full air suspension lift before I ever bought one.

In my opinion most are for show and not for a daily driver. Air leaks, bad mounts, blown front bags... Not something that I want to mess with. If you want multiple heights to drive at your steering wheel will be all over the place. It will only be correct at one lift height. As you air down the height of the truck the steering wheel is going to rotate...

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Kelderman is not that kind of air suspension, it's a air ride for a truck that's pulling
a heavy load and you want your truck to rider better. It's not for show trucks.
Doug

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
So do you have one or does a friend of yours have one? What experience do you have with these lift kits?

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Thank you all for the info. Layson, great info; I'll definitely look more into it.
After you talk with someone and hopefully drive one. if you are still interested i do have a friend that is pulling his entire kelderman kit and selling it. You can contact vision diesel in Oregon for more details.

·
Registered
8,711 Posts
If you like driving a POGO stick get one...if not and you want the best riding handling Excursion..contact me. We have been solving Excursion handling issues for 8+ years 100% happy customers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts