Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have air ride suspension on their daily driver? Worth it? Cost vs benefit? Let me know what you think. Thanks.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I assume you are talking full air ride by replacing the springs with air bags and not just load helper bags. As for the helper bags, I have them on the rear of my F250 and they are great when you drop anything in the bed or tow anything but make no difference when unloaded. As for full air ride, I am not sure but I did have full air ride kit on an old s-10 blazer about 7 years ago and while it was a fun toy, it made a ****ty daily driver because I could never get the ride height exactly right to where it was aligned so tires wore out quick

·
Registered
212 Posts
My dd is bagged and lays frame...as long as the system is leak free its nice...i have thought about doing my truck...it would have to ride better unloaded, just dont have the time to fab it all up

Sent from my SCH-M828C using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
146 Posts
I've been eyeing the Firestone R4Tech suspension for my '06 F250. I have been close to pulling the trigger, but haven't done it yet. Still looking for more reviews. It is on my wintertime project list though...............

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I assume you are talking full air ride by replacing the springs with air bags and not just load helper bags. As for the helper bags, I have them on the rear of my F250 and they are great when you drop anything in the bed or tow anything but make no difference when unloaded. As for full air ride, I am not sure but I did have full air ride kit on an old s-10 blazer about 7 years ago and while it was a fun toy, it made a ****ty daily driver because I could never get the ride height exactly right to where it was aligned so tires wore out quick
Yeah I'm talking about full air ride. I tow nothing at all. Once in a while I'll carry some wood or a sofa in the back of the truck...that's it...just 'home' stuff lol.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
I've been dreaming of a full air ride suspension for a while for my Ex but there does not seem to be much out there unless I want it jacked way up, which I don't. AirBagIt makes kits but it seems a lot of guys don't like them possibly mainly due to poor quality air fittings. If that is the problem I would be fine using my own fittings if the rest of the kit was good.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been dreaming of a full air ride suspension for a while for my Ex but there does not seem to be much out there unless I want it jacked way up, which I don't. AirBagIt makes kits but it seems a lot of guys don't like them possibly mainly due to poor quality air fittings. If that is the problem I would be fine using my own fittings if the rest of the kit was good.
Preferably, I'd want it completely leveled with about 4 inches of lift. I just don't know if it's feasible, affordable, or really worth it lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts