Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I'm wanting to put something together to I've heard of people going to the junkyard and getting an air compressor off a car with air suspension

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Okay Justin,
Here is what you will need. (you may be able to find better prices, the links are just to provide a good part number to search with)

Air Horns: See OP (that particular one has a build in solenoid)

Air Compressor:Viair 10010 100C Air Compressor

Air Tank: (this tank is 5-gallon tank, a little large for just horns, but when I do my setup, I am going to have a large tank with hose fittings for filling tires or whatever) 1-gallon is plenty for horns 5-gal Air Tank

Pressure Gauge For Tank: (this one is tank mounted as it is cheaper, but you could mount one in-cab)Air Pressure Gauge

Switch for the Horn: or you could use a relay setup to trigger them off the factory horn button

Switch for The compressor: or you can hook the comp up on an ignition hot wire, but EVERY time the tank loses pressure, the comp will run

Pressure Switch for Comp: (when comp is on, it will fill until the pre-determined pressure, then shut off)Pressure Switch for the Comp

Hope that helps. If you have any questions regarding wiring or setup, gimme a yell. Also, you will need air lines and fittings, you can find those! :hehe:

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you add up the shipping and everything one the compressor, tank and switch, and then shipping from everywhere else, it come to about 185 plus. I found this already put together for $189 and right now its 170 with 10% off.

1.5 Gallon Air Source Kit by Viair - 120 PSI

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
btw...whats the built in solenoid do on the horn?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
when you apply power to the solenoid, it opens and lets air through, blowing the horn! :thumb:

Also, that is a good price on that pre-wsetup kit. Just add a couple lines and switches and you are in buisness. Let me know how it goes if you get the horns as that is a GREAT price

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when you apply power to the solenoid, it opens and lets air through, blowing the horn! :thumb:
ok...thats what i thought it was...cool...so what do you think about that tank compressor i found?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts