Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my air horns and have them installed but not smart enough to get it wired. I have two wires coming off the horn and don't know what to do with them. I have something else with two wires coming off it and think it's the solenoid (Advanced Fuel Components For:LP-Gas, Gasoline and Natural Gas).
:dunno: I'm not sure if that is the solenoid or if the thing on the horn with the wires is the solenoid. :dunno:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
well if there is two wires coming off the horn.. I would have to say that is the solenoid.. and the thing from Advanced fuel.... well I don't think you need it... but there are a number of different ways you can hook them up it is all up to you...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wrong diagram. this one should be correct.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
that second one looks good but one thing I see wrong with it is that if your gonna hook it up to the truck horn selnoid that is already in place.. when you blow your horn it will be blowing both of them at the same time..:dunno: what I did on mine was found the truck horn.. and found the positive that was right be hind the horn and cut the darn thing.. then spliced the positive wire back to the cab... (the postive that was going to the truck horn) then used my switch to route it to the truck horn or the train horn's selanoid...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'm going to see if I can get any farther. I'm sure I'll be back.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Ryan for all the help. I got it done last night at about 10:30 ( after eating dinner and picking up my job trailer). Still I had to test it or I wouldn't be able to sleep, so I took it to the highway and holy %$%# it was louder than I expected it to be. It is bad *** man.
I hooked the compressor up to the up fitter 1 switch and the horn to the up fitter 2 switch. :woot:
After I pushed the wires though the firewall I was informed of the four wires snubbed off that go through the firewall so you don't have to.
:doh: :banging:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm also going to change the fitting on the compressor so I can plug a hose into it for filling four wheeler tires, truck tires, air bags, water toys, etc.

Cory
:woot:

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
:thumb: glad to see that I can help... lets see some pics and a video of that bad boy....:woot:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts