Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
new to site dont know if this is the right way to ask ? i have an 04 f250 diesel .i just bought a k/n air filter e0780. is it better to have a filter thats in a box like the stock filter or is a dry filter thats out in the open better thanks to anyone who responds

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
The absolute BEST filter money can buy for your engine is the filter that came on the truck. This is not a normally aspirated engine and the turbo will suck the oil right out of that filter. That K&N filter replies HEAVILY on that oil for filtration. Suck the oil out of it and you might as well grab a pair of granny panties out of your girlfriends draw and use that for a filter, it will be just as good as what you just bought.
I hope you saved the receipt, return it for your money back.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
X2 get your money back and spend it on things you need (gauges-coolant filter-fuel pressure gauge)
2 stroker

·
Registered
325 Posts
The stock filter can handle 500 RWP supposedly. Get your money back and do the zoodad mod (free) in the mod section. I did and it picked up a lil mileage and its pretty close to ram air as you can be.:icon_ford:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Don't waste your money. They know what they are talking about. Punch a hole in ..... just do the ZooDad mod. You'll be happy.

Don't waste your money on an intake either.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
For me, the stock filter has gone 40,000 with out even moving the suction gauge. It had much more life left when I changed it.

There are many intake mods to do that will help lower egt's and increase turbo response.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
engine codes

not sure if iam doing this right.anyway. i have anf250 diesel04 and it seems to hard start at times. this morning the engine light came on and i plugged my decoder in and it gave me a code 2617which was crankshaft position signal output circuit/open.anyone heard of that ? please responed .

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
The absolute BEST filter money can buy for your engine is the filter that came on the truck. This is not a normally aspirated engine and the turbo will suck the oil right out of that filter. That K&N filter replies HEAVILY on that oil for filtration. Suck the oil out of it and you might as well grab a pair of granny panties out of your girlfriends draw and use that for a filter, it will be just as good as what you just bought.
I hope you saved the receipt, return it for your money back.
Yep. He's right once again. Granny panties.......:rofl:.

·
Registered
863 Posts
zoodad is where you take off your grill and where the intake takes in air on the drivers side you cut out the plastic thats in front of it so that you basically get ram air or cold air into the intake. once you cut the hole you put your grille back on and now you have a cold air intake with one heck of a filter!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts