Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a few questions on what air filter i should run in my 99 f350. I heard the 6637 Filter Kit is a good one also the AIS Severe Duty Intake Kit FA1759. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

· Premium Member
494 Posts
I added the AIS. I Really like the clean factory fit and the monster filter element. Install is very simple and price is pretty good.

· Premium Member
494 Posts
No notable difference on my truck. It's not heavily modded. Just exhaust, intake and mild tune.

· Registered
1,586 Posts
I used the AIS. I don't like under hood air (because its hot) which is what you get with the 6637. And while I'm aware it is very popular, it just looks like something a punk would do to his Honda. I bought my AIS from Rockauto, about $177 shipped. I don't know if my fuel burn changed, but the EGT's dropped a bit from the POS open filter the PO had on it. It was obviously plugged with snow-country scuzz. I have over 50K on the element, and it still reads 1/3 at most on the gauge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.