Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if an air dog system for a duramax work on my truck? I think the duramx was around a 2004-2006. It would be sweet if it would work because it was never installed and I can get it at a great deal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
More than likely it just has the wrong fittings for the tank and fuel pump. The rest of it is standard stuff, is it a 100 or 150.

You could call and probably order the correct fittings from AD.

·
Registered
89 Posts
They won't have the correct fitting and you will have to order them. The pump won't be the same because the fords run a higher pressure pump.

·
Registered
31 Posts
100 or 150 ?

The 100 feeds the stock pump. It's pure volume low preassure.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am asking if its a 100, 150, or the 165. My uncle is the one who owns it. If it does end up working does that mean it would delete my fuel bowl and the deadhead problem? Thanks all advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nope, need an Irate reg. Return system to fix that......
Or at munnimum a riffraff frx.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I am not a big airdog fan, I would pass on the deal. Especially if it is a 150. Their customer service sucks anyways.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've got 4 yrs on mine, no issues, never needed customer service though.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I am not a big airdog fan, I would pass on the deal. Especially if it is a 150. Their customer service sucks anyways.
I've gotten the same feedback from a few different shops. Told me to live with what I have for now, hopefully something will come out soon.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
i've heard the airdogs wont keep up with the 7.3's fuel pressure requirements. I'd do irrates setup for sure, IF you needed more fuel for some odd reason.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i've heard the airdogs wont keep up with the 7.3's fuel pressure requirements. I'd do irrates setup for sure, IF you needed more fuel for some odd reason.
The air dog would be close to free. Also within the next year my plan is a new upgraded turbo and hybrids, so eventually I will need more fuel won't I?

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Air dogs and 7.3's just dont mix that well... they cant keep up with pressure. Depending on sticks and turbo, you might not need bigger fuel.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Air dogs and 7.3's just dont mix that well... they cant keep up with pressure. Depending on sticks and turbo, you might not need bigger fuel.
Ok thanks for all of the info, everybody. I might just pass on the deal then.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
The air dog would be close to free. Also within the next year my plan is a new upgraded turbo and hybrids, so eventually I will need more fuel won't I?
You can run hybrids with the stock fuel pump.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
^Agreed...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts