Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i end paying a guy to put on my air dog II since he does alot of fass systems

well i get my truck back and i have a tbc fault on the dash and it comes up nearly every time i hit the breaks

my cruse dont work.. im not able to turn the cruse on

and!! i have a small diesel leak.. i can fix that though

so i was wondering what i could look for to solve this problem.. could it be the guy did a bad wiring job or my cruse just happen to go out and i have trouble with my trailer break controller all of a sudden at the same time??

and my fuel pressure changes between about 5psi.. i will start my truck and itll run between 50-52psi.. then the next time ill start it up it will be 56-58psi.. it goes back and forth from each start.. is that normal??

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
the only way to find out is to trace all the wiring that was done and the wires to the things your having issues with, personally sounds like a bad install with the fuel leak and wiring issues jmo. hope you can figure all these things out

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the only way to find out is to trace all the wiring that was done and the wires to the things your having issues with, personally sounds like a bad install with the fuel leak and wiring issues jmo. hope you can figure all these things out
i found out where the problem is but do not know how to fix it.. i looked around for fuse information and found that fuse 12 in the fuse box under the hood would lead to no cruse, tbc fault with chime and that is exactly what i have.. when i checked the fuse box.. sure enough he has a wire tied in to that fuse.. anyone have any suggestions on what i could do??

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
What is the wire used for that is ran to that fuse?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Go to AirDog's web site and download the install manual. Sounds like that wire was landed in the wrong place or the piggy back fuse is not right. Either way the wiring instructions are pretty good, I had a more difficult figuring out the fuel routing system. They could use soem help with those instructions.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is the wire used for that is ran to that fuse?
isnt this nice..

started here..

it ties into this orange wire..

then goes to this relay..

and the starting of the orange wire is this..

·
Premium Member
6,293 Posts
Looks like you need to find another guy to work on your truck.
By the way, keep a very close eye on that fuel pressure. If it falls to 45psi, it will wipe out your injectors. 45psi is the absolute bottom for fuel pressure.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like you need to find another guy to work on your truck.
By the way, keep a very close eye on that fuel pressure. If it falls to 45psi, it will wipe out your injectors. 45psi is the absolute bottom for fuel pressure.
this is actually from a different guy :doh:

i finally got a few days off from collage so me and a buddy are going to check out my water pump and redue this airdog job later on this week.. my luck eehh??

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I am assuming thats a remote on wire to trigger the relay but a manual should tell you what its for but I think its feeding off the wrong fuse

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
The trigger wire would come off of an ignition fuse and the actual power wire directly off of the battery

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am assuming thats a remote on wire to trigger the relay but a manual should tell you what its for but I think its feeding off the wrong fuse
You would think that if it is relay driven, a "direct to battery" connection would be ok, as long as there was a fuse inline somewhere. The trigger wire would kick it on and off....right?
i finally got the manual!! google crome has become my new friend

and looky what i found.. and that sure dont look like the fuse box from under the hood.. i can see why they wouldnt put it under the there because the way my set up is now.. the fuse box cant be closed all the way.. geez

so i should be having my cruse back tomorrow :nod: thanks guys!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Glad you got it figured out

1 - 14 of 14 Posts